Midnight train

It was already late at night when i got on the train.There were hardly any passengers travelling,so the compartments were almost empty. There were only one or two people in my compartment. Although i didn't have a specific destination i like to get on trains at night to enjoy the serenity and calm myself when I'm stressed.

You might be thinking I'm crazy wasting my time and energy doing that. But trust me whenever I'm stressed about work or anything else this works the best for me.

Tonight I'm more upset than usual because i had a fight with my girlfriend.she says I'm good for nothing and wants to break-up with me.I asked her to meet me one last time and she agreed on doing so. It'll take her some time to reach so I decided to finish some of my work while waiting for her.

Moments later,the train took a stop.A lady from my compartment got off the train and another young woman got in. She looked at me and passed a smile then took a seat opposite to mine. I don't know why but i could sense that there was something wrong with this woman. She looked a bit strange to me. Ignoring her I continued my work.

The train stopped again and another man got off,leaving me and that strange woman alone in the compartment. She looked at me and then smiled again. I was getting an uneasy feeling. I got up from my seat and stood near the door so that I could get off the train at the next station where my girlfriend was about to arrive.

A few moments later the woman got up and walked towards me. "Excuse me sir,may i ask on which stop are you getting off the train?" She asked politely. "I'm getting off on the next station." I replied. "Okay thank you " she said and i started doing my work again. "31 Tuesday,32 and 33 Wednesday..."
"Do you mind me asking what are you murmuring about?" She asked again. I sighed and gave her a look. Why don't she just mind her own business i don't like people who are this nosy. My stop was about to arrive anyway so i just decided to ignore her. "You don't seem to be interested in having a conversation, I'm sorry to bother you."

She turned around and started walking away.
"31,32,33,34 soon" i counted.
She stopped and was about to turn around to face me but i took the opportunity and grabbed her arm with full force and pushed her off the train.

"Creepy woman. There was definitely something wrong with her,the ones before her were not this nosy. I mean who the fuck talks to a serial killer like that? Anyway were was i 31,32,33.
34 including this dumb woman and 35 if my lovely girlfriend shows up at the next stop. Damn I'm doing better than last week."