Perfect Date

"Babe please try to understand,my parents are visiting me after a long time i cannot cancel my plans with them" noah sighs from the other side of the phone.

His parents are visiting him today so he had to cancel his plans with me. And i can't help but wonder,why the fuck are they visiting today? I mean all these dates and they still chose the day of our 1 year anniversary!

"So you've already decided to ditch me?" I ask through the phone,almost losing my patience.

"Listen babe, i know it's sudden and you've been expecting this day to be perfect for us but i've got no choice. Please don't be mad. I'll make it upto you soon i promise" he says through the line.

"Fine" i roll my eyes as i hung up the phone.

"Fuck my life" i mumble to myself.

I expected so much to happen today and here I am,sitting in my living room in front of the tv screen while being all decked up because i thought we'd actually go out and have some fun.

A text popped up on my phone screen as i curse at my luck.

"So where are you two going? The mall? Movie? Dinner date?"

It's a text from my best friend liea.

~On chat~

"Calm down will ya?"

"Sorry, I'm excited for you."

"He ditched me"

"Girl whaaaaaaatttttt??,whyyyyyyy??"

"His parents are visiting today"

"But it's your anniversary.."

"This is fucked up"

"Yeah and I'm in the mood to kill him!"

"I mean why do i always have to get myself involved with such losers?!!!"

"Girl,calm down. Do you want me to come over?"

"No,it's okay.I'll be fine i guess"

"I have work tomorrow so I'll just hit the bed early."

"Is there anything i can do to make you feel better?"

"Just remind me not to date freaking losers anymore"

"Lol,sure thing"

"Gotta go,take care❤️"

"Hit me up if you get bored"

"Yeah,you too"

"Got it,bye"

I toss my phone on the couch and switch on the tv trying to find something worth watching.

The sound of the doorbell alerted me. It's 8 in the evening and I am not expecting anyone at this hour.

I walk to the front door and try to see through the peephole but couldn't make out the face of the person standing outside as they were holding something in their hands which covered their face.