This world is bad,baby

It's been one year since I'm living with my boyfriend. He's sweet and kind and takes good care of me. I sometimes cannot believe at all the love I'm getting from him because of my past.

I'm 24 and have been living alone since i was 18. I didn't have any family,my foster parents took good care of me until they had their own child. After the birth of that child my foster parents started treating me badly. They used to make me do the house chores and didn't let me play with my friends also. They wanted me to drop out of school but i somehow convinced them to let me complete my school. It was the only way to make my life better as i wanted to go away and start a new life on my own. As soon as i turned 18 i left my house and never returned. I started working in a cafe to earn some money until i find a good job for myself. It took me two years to find a good job for myself and then my life got a little better from there.

I had to do a presentation for my company one day in front of several other groups. That's when i met him. We worked on a project together and then became friends. After a few months he asked me out on a date and i agreed.
We started as a normal couple as we used to hangout at cafe's and take walks through the park together. As time went by we grew much closer. He was so caring and loving that i sometimes got emotional because he's the only one in my life who loved me with no conditions.

He also shares a similar story to mine. He is an orphan and had to pick multiple works to make ends meet in the past. He worked so hard and reached where he is today. This is the reason he understands me well. He always wants to protect me from the bad of the outside world. He makes sure that i reach my office and back home safe. He assures that I'm in a safe surrounding by calling or texting me while I'm out.

He asked me to start living with him one day and i couldn't deny because i also used to live alone and since we've been dating for quite some time now it's not a problem to move in with him.
It's been almost a year since i moved in with him. He helps me do the house work and sometimes cooks for the both of us. He's so perfect I don't know what i did to deserve him in my life.

It was some months after we started living together that he asked me to quit my job because of my health.I was a bit shook at first. But he made me understand that i could always join back once my health is back to normal. I gave it a thought and realised what he said was true,my health has been deteriorating and work has been stressing me out a lot lately. I was becoming pale day by day. So i decided it will be the best for me to quit my work for now.

It's been 3 months since i left my job but my condition seems to get worsened day by day. My boyfriend is also worried about me. He says no matter what he wouldn't leave my side,he knows what it's like to be left alone in a world full of greedy people who use innocent people for their benefit.

Recently my condition has been at it's worse. I sleep all day and just wake up to take my meals. My boyfriend cooks for me and doesn't let me do any house work because of my bad health. I feel bad for him sometimes,he has to do all the house work once he's back from office plus he has to take care of me all the time. I'm sick of all these things I don't know what have gotten into me.

I woke up a bit early today,my boyfriend was making breakfast for us. I sat at the dining table and greeted him good morning. He smiles and greets me back. He walks towards me with two plates filled with food and keeps them on the table. "Eat baby." He speaks in a soft voice. "I was thinking..." I said while looking at my plate. He looked up at me and asked "you are thinking?" "I mean it's been months since I last stepped out of this house, my health is not getting any better and i feel like staying here all day long makes me even more sick. So i was thinking that i should get back to work now." I explained.

He looks at me with a bit of what seems like fear and anger in his eyes. " You know how much i love you for me to just send you to work despite knowing your condition right? I hate to say that but you're not going anywhere baby. You stay in here until and unless you're fully recovered. I don't mind taking care of you even if i have to do it for the rest of my life." Taking my plate in his hand he gets up from his seat and started walking to the kitchen table. "You know how much of a bad world this is right? There are people out there who are waiting for their prey. I cannot let anything bad happen to you. I love you so much."

I sensed him doing something to my food so i walked closer to him without him noticing me. There was a whitish powder in his hand which he was adding to my food.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.
"Baby.." he took a spoonful of the food and moved it towards my mouth. "You know i love you right? How can you think of leaving me for even a darn second? I've suffered too much in my life being alone out there,i don't want the same to happen with you my love. So you're stuck here with me for the rest of our lives got it?"

I was too stunned to speak. I don't know if what I'm thinking is true. He cannot do this to me... All this while I've been thinking this man is taking care of me in my sickness but what I'm witnessing right now it seems like he is the reason of my sickness. I was deep in my thoughts when he harshly stuffed the food in my mouth. I gulped down hesitantly. My vision started getting blurred and my body weak. I tried to run but i fell down and than blacked out.

I wake up after what seems like an eternity.
"You're awake my love,are you feeling well now" the man walks towards me.
"Yes love,my head has been hurting,I don't seem to remember when i fell asleep or what happened before i slept." I said.
"It must've been a nightmare again, don't worry I'm here to protect you my love. Would you like to eat something?" He said.
"Yes please." I replied as the man rushes down to the kitchen to bring me food.

God I don't know what would i do without this man he's so loving and caring. I hope we're like this forever.