Epilogue

Some time after graduation

I turned off the alarm clock and happily prepared myself for another hectic day.

When you do a job that you choose and you like, I guess it's normal to wake up with more desire

I quickly brushed my teeth and immediately headed to the kitchen.

The TV was playing while I was preparing my breakfast. It keeps me company in the mornings.

Finished my cup, check not to go over the hour, with so much hair, it takes a long time to dry it after the shower.

I went to the bathroom, and once under the water, a news sounded on TV, which naturally I couldn't hear.

"A secret facility is discovered where 1-year-old children were taken to a harsh educational regimen in order to naturally create genies. Several people who left this place show obvious traumas due to the inhumane treatment they were subjected from an early age.

The identity of who has uncovered the information is unknown, but now the structure, called "white room", will be renovated and will become an extension of the Tokyo Koudo Ikusei Academy, supervised by the principal Sakayanagi "

After getting dressed and doing my typical ponytail, I was finally ready to leave the house.

Heading to work, I got a call

"Kei, how did you wake up today?"

"Joyful as always. Satou, do you need something?"

"Do I need something to call my best friend?"

After a few seconds of my silence that made her understand that I knew hers intentions, she continued speaking

"Well, okay... I wanted to know if you had plans tonight. Me and Yosuke planned go to the cinema"

That's just the way life works, my best friend who was in love with my ex boyfriend, ended up with my fake ex boyfriend. I'm starting to think that somehow it's a form of revenge.

"Okay, I don't have anything particular to do, then calmly give me more information"

"If you want, bring a boy, so you can introduce him to us"

"How many times do I have to tell you... I'm fine alone. I am an empowered, successful woman with a damn cool job. No man can measure up to me."

"But I wish I could go on a double date with my friend. You know, last time it was so much fun..."

Captured his obvious irony, I hung up the phone, too early morning to be up these things.

Satou's umpteenth attempt to find me a boyfriend, when I don't want to, don't need to, just fine with my job.

Is that the real reason?

Leaving the elevator, I finally reached my beloved office.

Thanks to graduating in class A at that devilish school, the doors to any job were opened to me. Among the various options, I chose to become a psychologist.

I have a gift in relating to people, and I have always been good at understanding them, reading their thoughts even if their face or gestures do not represent them.

In addition, due to my experience in the past, I like to help people who are going through bad times, trying they not pass what I had, or at least, not alone.

Give them support so that they become more independent, a push to face problems with their strength.

I wonder if before entering that school, I would have chosen this job if I had the chance.

If I hadn't meet him, who would I be right now...

Putting those thoughts out of my head, I called my first client of the day.

And so, one after another, I listened to the stories of each person who walked through my door, trying to help them in any way I could.

When the afternoon came, I let my hair down, satisfied with what had been done during the working day.

As I was gathering my things from the desk to go home, I heard the door open behind me.

"I'm sorry, but for today the sessions are over, you have to come back tomorrow or take an appointment"

A few steps approached, stopping a couple of meters from me.

"Don't worry, it's my fault, the one who's late is me"

That voice

My heart stopped for a second, causing the notebook in my hand to fall back onto the desk.

"Also, I know firsthand that your services are worth the wait"

Breathless, I turned to that man.

In front of me was him, Ayanokoji, whom I had not seen for over a year, and i didn't expect to see ever again.

The man who use me

The man who lie to me

The man who abandoned me 

the man who saved me

the man i loved

I can't just forget everything he's done to me, then why... why I'm so glad to see him?

I don't remember if I cried or not, about that moment, I have vague memories, the emotions were too many for me to assimilate.

We stayed quiet for a while looking into each other's eyes.

We both knew that words were not required to understand us.

After a time that I would not be able to quantify exactly, it appeared on his face.

A smile

"Sorry for the wait, Kei. Would you like to be my partern for one last time?"