i. the mission

WRIGHT RESIDENCE - FIRST PERSON

"We have to leave Centropolis?" I yell in disbelief.

For my entire life, I've lived in Centropolis as a villain and now I have to leave? Is this what the supers call karma?

"We were given a mission from Onyx to search for the Mayhems." My mom explains. "If we don't complete the mission, he'll hate us more than he already does."

"Don't you think he's giving us the easy job?" My dad asks, letting out a puff of smoke from his mouth. "As if villains would hide out in a shabby little town in Texas."

"You never know, honey." I roll my eyes at mom and light a tiny ball of fire above the palm of my hand.

"I've barely been a villain, ma."

"We are leaving at 8 in the afternoon tomorrow." She nods, before taking a seat right beside me.

"But mom, they were our friends. Why are we going after them?" I ask.

"They completely ghosted us, y/n and do you really want to see what happens if we don't go after them?" I instantaneously shook my head and ran upstairs.

I plopped a suitcase on my bed, which is just a mattress with a rug as a blanket, and started packing.

You may be wondering, who are the Mayhems? The Mayhems are a supervillain family. They are super strong but they are now both the villains and the supers biggest target.

Surge and Kraniac are both electric wielders. They can shock you into another dimension if they wanted to. You may think it's an exaggeration but, I literally spent a week in another dimension because of them before they took off.

Havoc has sonic screams. She can manipulate people into thinking someone is calling them. A few months ago, she got pummelled by Starling (ew).

Chaos is probably the least problematic of the bunch. He has super strength yet is such a softie.

Years ago, my parents were teamed up with the Mayhem before they got into a big fight. After that, they split up. Mom always told me they had a son my age but they didn't want me to know who he is. Then, they all went into hiding, before I even knew his villain name.

---

MADDEN'S RESIDENCE - THIRD PERSON

"Kids, we have found out Onyx has sent some villain families to seek us. We have to keep high alert." Vic alerts, seating himself down on the couch.

"They're never going to find us, it's been months and we haven't heard from him at all." Amy says, flinging a piece of popcorn into the air.

"They've sent the Wrong duo as well, and their daughter is coming with them." Eva warns. Jake's head jerks up and he stares at his mother in confusion.

"They had a daughter?" He asks, while throwing the tv remote around the air.

"We never got past the fighting and arguing to realise they had a kid. Too bad we don't know their real identities." Eva groans, slumping onto the lounge chair.

"You're saying, their daughter is the newest villain? Blaze is their daughter?" Amy exclaims, jumping up from her seat.

"Blaze is pretty cool. She burnt 3 buildings while arguing with Starling." Hartley smiles, as she always does, in amazement.

"How come we had to be on the run when she became a villain. She could've been my arch nemesis." Colby whines.

"You do realise that you and her are both villains?" Amy asks.

There was no doubt, it was more tiring to be normal humans than to be fighting all the time. Like, having to be nice is such a brain sore.

While they continue planning on how to stay unrecognisable, someone rings the door bell.

Silence..

Could it be Onyx? Could this be the end of The Madden Family? Hartley cautiously creeps up to the door. She then picks up the pace, realising the person had been waiting for two minutes due to their stalling.

She opens the door and standing there is a girl about Colby's age in jeans a graphic tee.

"Oh, hi there!" Hartley greets, smiling with her noticeable dimples. The young girl smiles back, looking unbothered.

"Hi. Um my parents think I have no friends so they are making me go door to door." The girl explains, pointing back at her parents in the car.

"Oh, are you the new girl in town?" She asks, placing her hand on her hip. "I'm Hartley! I live next door."

"Um. Then why are you here?" Hartley gestures inside the house to reveal the uncomfortable family pretending to make conversation. "Makes sense, I guess?"

The Madden's wave and smile fakely, before going back to their conversation.

"Anyways, I am..

y/n."

A/N : I suck at making stories but I love Disney channel so this is Disney's fault for making me love the shows.

if you somehow enjoyed this chapter, you can put suggestions for other Disney characters here or in DMS.