x. held captive

MADDEN RESIDENCE - FIRST PERSON

my eyes flutter open, before realising my hands are tied down to a wooden chair. i look around the room to see all the madden's staring at me and only at me.

after about a minute, i speak up, "so... you gonna say something or~"

"what do you know?" amy asks, stepping towards me heavily.

"i know that i'm stuck to a chair and that my butt is full of splinters." i smile. i see colby smirk to himself, facing a wall.

amy notices my eyes direction and, too, looks towards colby then back at me. "don't think your little boyfriend is going to help you out."

"he's not my boyfriend and i don't need his help." i remark, looking her dead in the eye.

"i'm literally right here." colby declares, turning towards us.

"well thank you, captain obvious, for your wonderful observation." i huff in annoyance.

"don't talk to my son like that, young lady; considering you're the one stuck in a chair." eva declares, crossing her arms affirmatively.

"am i?" i ask. in. matter of seconds, i burn the knot in the rope and stand up off my chair. "you guys don't think much through. next time, try and find some kind of fire-proof rope, or atleast use one of your special zappy handcuff things."

they all stand there, glaring at me. we all hear someone whistling a tune as someone walks down the stairs, "hey, i used my grandma's keys to get in, i hope you don't.. mind.." she reads the room. "didn't i specifically say, don't attack her family?"

i walk up to her, grab her apple and look back at the madden's. "we're villains, we don't listen to people." i take a nice munch out of the apple. "say... how about i finish this apple and we circle back in five- oh and where are my parents?"

vid marches over to me, snatches my apple and leans forward, up in my face. "your parents are back at your home, tied up to what pillars still remain standing there. they're easy enough to eliminate, you're our challenge."

"and you all agree, you all want my parents dead?" i ask, aiming the question directly at colby. he stares at me dumbfounded. "unbelievable.." i roll my eyes to hide the layer of tears that formed and march upstairs to the main floor.

i'm sat on the couch, eating another apple i found in their fruit basket. i can feel anger fuming through my veins, causing a cushion to light a small flame.

"woah, calm yourself girl." i hear colby say, running up tot he cushion and patting the flame down.

"you want me to be calm?" i raise, staring colby dead in the eyes. "you all want my parents dead and you all expect me to brush it off my shoulder."

"what's going on?" hartley asks, entering the room.

"i'll tell you what's going on: my parents are probably going to die and so am i." i yell, my voice cracking up in between every word.

"hey, no one said you were going to die, y/n." colby reassures, grabbing my hand.

"you're not one to be saying something like that, colby." i state, crossing my arms.

"well uh, this may not be a good time to say this but they want to give you a truth serum to ask questions." hartley mentions. i give her a disapproving look. "they said it will only last an hour."

"fine." i say bluntly. i get up and walk downstairs into the basement.

"so i hear you guys need me for "testing"?" i jump off the last step and sit down on it.

"yes, it's quick and mostly painless." vic responds, filling up a 20ml cup with a bright yellow liquid.

"mostly? you said it wouldn't hurt her, dad." i hear jake comment.

"oh, and how do i know you guys aren't trying to poison me?" i ask, standing up and walking towards the invention table.

"uhh.. colby! come here, drink this serum." amy shouts, passing colby the small, plastic cup.

"why can't jake do it?" colby asks, staring at the bubbles that swirled in the cup.

"just drink it, you moron." she demands. he rolls his eyes and drinks it. he makes a weird sour face as he swallows. "see, perfectly fine."

vic hands me another cup and i drink it. it has an odd bitter lemon taste and now i think my ears can't see anymore.

"now, did you tell your parents about us." eva asks, pushing me onto the chair i sat on prior to the past few conversations.

"what don't you guys get from no i didn't" i ask, furrowing my brows.

"may i ask you why?"

"well you just did." i say with sass. "i just couldn't. i was having the first decent week of my time here in valley view. i didn't want anything to change but here i am sitting your basement, knowing my parents have splinters in their eyeballs."

"now, is that the full reason?" hartley steps up and asks. my eyes widen.

"i- uh.. no" i mutter.

"so then what is the reason?"

i freeze. if i don't speak, they won't know.

"is it because you might like someone here?"

frozen, again.

"or is it because someone here likes you?"

my eyes can hear the feeling of the sun.

in the corner of my eye, i can see colby staring. amy grabs my right hand and applies pressure to the cut, causing a stinging sensation to ripple through my body.

"fine! i didn't tell my parents because hartley put the idea that colby liked me into my head and i couldn't deal with the rising tension that was beginning in both houses." i say speedily. (btw i know that wasn't in the text at that point but pretend it was)

"YOU TOLD HER WHAT?" colby yells.