viii. all is revealed.

WRIGHT RESIDENCE - FIRST PERSON

I lay in bed, questioning every matter and reason to my living. Colby actually likes me?

A villain and a villain? Don't get me wrong, I like Colby but the thought of us dating has only crossed my mind like once.. maybe twice.

I hate this feeling. I hate feelings, period. Why did Hartley have to drop that on me now, of all times.

I light a flame to hover above my hand and watch as it changes colours. From red, to blue, to purple.

How could me, a villain, be so oblivious to this. It's so obvious looking back. The way he gazed at me and when Hartley pulls him out of the room. At first I thought he was a stalker, who wouldn't?

I hear the doorbell ring, extinguish my flame and open my door.

"Y/N CAN YOU GET THAT?" Mom calls out. I roll my eyes.

"FINE." The amount of times this woman has told me to open the door is insane. I should be getting payed for this now.

I run down the stairs and open the front door. There standing right in front of me, the Madden's.

Amy..

Mr. Madden..

Jake..

Ms. Madden..

Colby..

"Uhm, hey guys?" I say, leaning uncomfortably against the door frame.

"Hey y/n, we all wanted to have a talk with you."

"Hold on.." I begin, before running towards the basement stair case. "MOM, DAD, WE HAVE VISITORS." In a matter of seconds, it sounded like a stampede as my parents trampled up the stairs.

We all walked to the living room and sat on the lounge.

"So.. are you going to say anything?" I ask awkwardly.

"This is your house." Vic adds.

"But you came here.. to talk to us.."

"Tooshee.." He says, terribly wrong.

" Honey, I think you mean touché" Eva points out.

"No, tooshee. My hand is stuck under Jake's tooshee." Jake immediately scoots over so his hand could be released.

"Anyways, we all just wanted to know what your house is like." Amy says, smiling warmly.

"Well, it's a new area. We haven't really lived in small towns so this is new for us." Mother responds, fiddling with the tassel on the end of the rug with her foot.

"And what're your opinions on villains?" Jake asks, all but Colby leaning forward. My parents stare at me then back at the Madden's.

"Well, we uh, don't pay attention to things like that. It's all about business for us." Father explains, lying terribly. For a villain, he sucks at lying, and he does it all the time.

"And, what is this business, you speak of?" Eva asks.

"It's uh, still in the working." Mother replies. I stare at Colby and his eyes immediately begin to roam the room. By the way they're asking these questions, they've had to have found out.

Under pressure, I immediately stand up, "I need air." I walk towards the stairs.

I can feel their eyes burn into my back. I enter my room and shut the door. I pull out my phone and open Messages.

CHEESE

i need to talk to you.

now? why?

now, or i'll drag you myself.
first door to the left.

WRIGHT RESIDENCE - THIRD PERSON

Colby shuts his phone off and looks towards the stairs.

"I uh, should probably go check on y/n." He insists, sliding his phone into his back pocket.

"Why? You got a thing for my daughter?" Mr Wright asks.

"Why does everyone think that?" He marches up the stairs and enters y/n's room.

Colby shuts the door behind him and sits on the edge of her bed. "So what did you need to tell me?" He asks.

"Two things but I don't know which to start with." Y/n replies.

After a moment of silence, Colby speaks up, " I uh, like your room?"

"Thanks-"

"Andmyfamilykindasortathinksyourfamilyarevillains..?" He blurts, squinting his eyes right after.

"That's one of the things.." She mutters. "I guess if I'm going to bring up the other topic, I might start with this. I.. Yes, I'm a villain."

"Seriously?" Colby asks for reassurance.

"Yeah.." Y/n says, dragging out her word.

"So you're actually Blaze?" He asks.

"What don't you get from "I'm a Villain"?"

"Does that mean you told your parents about my family."

"I didn't. I couldn't. I don't know why but ever since I came to Valley View, I've changed." Y/n mentions, falling flat on her bed.

"Hartley does that to people." Colby jokes, laying down next to her. She huffs out a laugh. "Anyways, you have fire powers?"

"Yes, I do. I can not exaggerate how many times I've wanted to set things on fire." Y/n laughs. After Colby realising he liked y/n, things like her laugh and her smile drove him crazy.

"Even me?"

"Yes, definitely you." They both share a fit of laughter. They both joke around for a while, as their families chat downstairs.

"It's been fun." Colby says, grinning like crazy,

"What's been fun?"

"Like us, actually hanging out for once, without all the arguing."

"I can't disagree, Colby." Y/n smiles, agreeing with Colby. Who would've thought?

They both share a warm hug. He wraps his arm around her for the first time. That's when y/n knew.

She actually likes Colby Madden.

As they pull away, he asks, "What was the other thing you wanted to tell me?"

"I actually forgot.." She didn't forget. It was the only thing on her mind.

BANG.

"What was that?" Y/n asks. Colby shrugs his shoulders and they both walk out the door.

"What's going on-" Y/n slams her hand on top of his mouth, as they descend down the stairs.

Over the railing, they see both their families fighting in what was a neat living room.

A/N:
I'm sorry I'm inactive, I've been really tired and not motivated. If this book seems rushed, it's because I want to finish it before I lose all my motivation and delete the book, which has happened several times. Anyways, have a great day luvlies <3

P.S this chapter has not been edited nor proofread :)