iv. exposed?

MADDEN RESIDENCE - THIRD PERSON

Ever since Hartley tried outing Colby, he's completely lost focus on everything. He can't like someone. If he did, there's a possibility he will have to leave them behind.

Hartley waltzes into the secret lair, skipping a step each time she hopped.

"What's up, Mr Madden!" Hartley greeted, walking closer to the invention table next to Jake.

",I'm making a device which can spot if there are any people looking for us." Vic explains, twisting the screwdriver.

"How does it work?"

"It can analyse all the electrical signals in our neighbourhood and pick out the ones that come from sketchy devices." Jake hands his father a bolt and a nut.

"When will it be done?"

"If I work on it all night, maybe at about 12 tomorrow?" Vic responds. Just as her picks up the next screw, the doorbell rings.

Jake and Hartley dash up the stairs and towards the front door. They swing the door open and y/n is standing there with books and a back pack.

"Um, y/n, it's Saturday?" Jake asks, shutting the door, as y/n sits herself on the couch.

"Hello to you too. And I'm only here because I can't concentrate at home." Y/n opens her math book and searches for her page.

"Hey, who's at the door- oh. you." Colby says in a cold, dead tone.

"yes. me." She mocks, grabbing a pen from her bag.

"You couldn't have gone to a cafe or the library?" Colby groans.

"The café nearby has one star and the library stinks of cabbage and old people." They all mentally gagged at the thought. Y/n didn't care about how much Colby complained about. However, what they didn't know is that y/n did go to the café but she got so mad at the cashier, she set him on fire.

"Colby, why do you feel the need to bother me so much?" She asks, slamming her pen on the coffee table. She turns to look at him and raises her brow.

"You call me cheese!"He exclaims.

"You are kind of named after cheese." Jake mumbles.

"Not. Helping."

"I think I know why he teases you so much," Hartley blurts in a smiley way. "You ever heard the saying, If he teases you, he-"

"SO VERY MUCH DOESN'T LIKE YOU." Colby retorts, eyeing Hartley from the side.

"Hmm.. no never heard of-" before y/n could finish her sentence, Colby grabs Hartley and drags her into the kitchen. Despite the dramatic exit, y/n quite enjoyed being able to finally do her homework.

--

"I don't care if you think I like her, I don't and you don't need to go around spreading false things." Colby argues, letting go of Hartley's wrist.

"The thing is, you know and I know that it's true." For the first time in a while, Hartley put on her serious face. "You can't keep lying to yourself."

"I'm a villain, all I do is lie!" Colby whispers.

"You just admitted that you like her," Hartley smirks.

"Shut up!" He kicks Hartley in the shin and walks back into the living room.

--

Y/n worked on completing her homework, quickly but neatly. Her villain self may be edgy and careless but her normal self needs to be tidy.

"So what are your favourite subjects?" Jake's asks, watching y/n's pen move swiftly.

"Maybe Math or Science, mostly because I'm good at them." She replies, closing her homework book shut.

"What do your parents do for a living?" He asks.

"I uhm, they invent stuff and they came here because of an uh- investor?" She replies in an unsure tone. She looks to Hartley whose jaw has dropped to the floor.

"Did you just finish all of that in 20 minutes?" Hartley asks, in disbelief.

"It's because she's a nerd." Colby insults, an evil smirk displayed across his face.

"No, it's because I can actually do Math while you can only count from one to twenty." Y/n responds. "By the way, where is Amy?"

"Oh she's in the basement." Jake replies. .

"You guys have a basement?"

"NO! You see- we don't- sorry I think you have to go." Jake stutters. He grabs y/n and shoves her out the door.

"Are you guys hiding-" Jake slams the door in her face and turns to face them. He walks towards them and sits on the couch.

"Phew! She cannot find out we are villains, that would be a Trainwreck." He says in relief.

The room turned silent.

"I think you forgot to lock the door.." Hartley warns.

"What? What do you-" He turns around to see y/n standing there in awe.

Looks like someone found the culprit.