iii. school, how fun..

MADDEN RESIDENCE - THIRD PERSON

A week later, it's the first day of school. Y/n is a regular guest at the Madden's, due to Hartley's urge to be the kindest person to roam the earth.

"Why do I have to go to school?" Colby complains, slinging his backpack across his shoulder.

"Would you rather go to Onyx?" Eva asks, shoving a bagel into Colby's hand.

He aggressively shakes his head in response and walks out to the living room. Sitting there is Jake and Amy, scrolling on their  phones.

"I thought you guys already left?" Colby shoves his bagel into his mouth, cream cheese smearing all over his face.

"It's the first day of school and I promised Hartley I would walk with her to school." Amy explains. "But she's taking forever."

"Beats me. Less school." Colby launches onto the sofa beside them and finishes off his bagel.

They sit there, doing whatever, until they hear a knock on the door.

"Finally, jeez." Amy huffs. She sprints to the door and opens it up. "you'd think my neighbour would be able to get to my door earlier."

"Sorry! I wanted to run and get y/n so she could walk with all of us." Hartley explains, out of breath.

"You are very unfit. I have been standing on this porch for 4 minutes." Y/n walks through the door. She notices Colby's face and smiles at the irony. "You have cheese on your face, cheese."

Colby's eyes widen and he quickly wipes it off. Everyone picks up their backpacks and heads out the door.

--
VALLEY VIEW HIGH - THIRD PERSON

All the kids enter the school building, careless to however loud their bickering was. Surprisingly, the fight was about Randy the Rat.

Y/n walks over to her locker and unlocks it, opening the door with force.

(btw y/n already had her tour of the school the day prior BC im a lazy writer)

She slides out her heavy math book, before looking at the schedule taped to her locker door.

"Would you mind picking up the pace, locker blocker?" Colby whines, bouncing up and down due to his impatience.

"Shut up, before this book is shoved down your throat." Y/n threatens, slamming her locker shut.

"You know, I've never known why you hate me so much." He says, jiggling the lock on the door.

"I'M WALKING AWAY~" y/n yelled. Her words echo through the halls, as she shoves through the crowd of kids to reach her classroom.

To be fair, there never really was a reason y/n didn't like Colby. She just heard his name and called him cheese. Did she have something against cheese? (lactose people, I hope ur having fun rn)

Y/n enters her classroom, seating herself in the chair at the back. The classroom is fairly empty, although it begins to fill up once the bell rings.

The teacher enters the room and begins his lesson. The seat next to her was empty, not that she payed attention to it much.

The lesson was a bore. Her eyes began to flutter and soon her head collapsed and slept.

--

The sound of the teacher scolding someone woke y/n up. She turned to look beside her and Colby was putting his tush on the seat.

"You better not be late next time, Mr. Madden." The teacher pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

"How did you even become late, we came to school at the exact same time?" Y/n whispered, tucking hair behind her ear.

"None of your business, Nosey Nancy." Colby rolled his eyes and took out his History book. Y/n shook her head and tried to focus on the lesson.

How could you not fall asleep? Mr Moe was talking about dead people. The entire class was about to doze off, while his mouth kept moving about guns and people and vintage whatever.

--

Soon enough, school was over. Kids dashing out the classrooms to run home. Teachers eating whatever snacks they hide from children.

"Aw.. The banner I made for the first day of school got ripped!" Hartley pouts, lifting up one side of the paper.

"Sorry, Colby decided to shove me into a trash can." Y/n apologises.

"The trash can is 12 feet away, how did you end up here?"

"Oh it wasn't me who fell into the banner. I tackled Colby and this other kid went flying into the banner." Y/n laughs, picturing the event in her sick and twisted mind.

"Anyways, wanna go to the Madden's?" Hartley asked. She re-adjusts her back pack and turns to face y/n.

"No, I'm good. Besides, Colby doesn't even want me within 10 feet of him."

"Very true. Now go to your own home because my one cannot tolerate your fiesty attitude." Colby demands, sounding awfully grumpy.

"Keep talking like that and this 'tude will get ten times worse." Y/n walks off and in her own direction.

Colby and Hartley watch as she descends down the corridors, towards the school gates.

"Colby.." Hartley says.

"What?" Colby replies, still watching y/n leave.

"You're smiling a lot. Well, a lot for a villain at least." Hartley states, a mischievous look on her face.

"You can not seriously be implying that I, Colby Jack- I mean Madden, likes Y/n Wright." He huffs, turning to face Hartley.

"I wasn't implying anything. I just said you were smiling!"

"YOU SET ME UP!"

"Is this the part where I run?" Hartley asks, looking terrified. Colby nods his head, before Hartley goes darting like a bullet.

A/N if you think any part of this story is rushed, I have terrible time management in writing. I'm also lazy, like I said earlier. anyways, pls tell me ideas for how they can get over this teasing stage bc idk where I'm going with this story. bye bye