v. spilled

WRIGHT RESIDENCE - FIRST PERSON

I went home that afternoon confused. They are the people my parents paired up with? They are the Mayhems?

Do I tell my parents? Do I not? I feel so puzzled and I don't know how to deal with this.

"They have a son about your age."

"Chaos is definitely not my age." I reply.

"No, they have another son." Dad clears up.

Colby is the son that's around my age? What has my life come to?

I'm a villain and I don't want Onyx to hate me so I need to tell my parents.

I enter the living room, twiddling my thumbs. (Gonna keep on twiddling-) "Mom?"

"Yes?" She replied in an angered tone.

"I uhm. I think I found.." I begin to think about my decisions. "I uh found an ice cream truck?"

What just happened? I can't bring myself to tell my mom and I don't know why.

"N/n, you know we don't like ice-cream trucks because those bring people joy." Mom explains.

"Gosh diggity darn.." I say in an unsure tone. "Nevermind." I dash off into my room and check my phone. Jake, Hartley and Colby are spamming my inbox.

It consists of: you didn't tell anyone, right? And KEEP THIS A SECRET. I roll my eyes and shut my phone off.

"I didn't get my stuff.." I stated.

"Y/n.. what did you hear?" Jake asks, in a frightened manner.

"Just a little bit.. maybe more than a little bit-"

"She heard the whole thing, Nimrod." Colby huffs, rubbing his forehead.

"Just keep your lips sealed." Hartley asks.

"Sure.."

I still can't process the fact my only friends are supposed to be my worst enemies. Why did I have to enjoy being normal?

--
MADDEN RESIDENCE - COLBY POV

"Amy is not going to be happy." Hartley points out in a worried tone.

"About what?" Amy asks, munching on the last cookie. "I can already tell it's something bad so don't even attempt to lie."

"Well we sorta kinda-"

"WEKINDAACCIDENTALLYTOLDYNTHATYOUGUYSAREVILLAINSANDBYWEIMEANJAKE!" Hartley blurts out speedily, immediately slapping her hand onto her mouth.

"Oh. Okay." Amy responds, dusting her hands off. Huh? "Why you looking at me like that? She's my favourite person, she wouldn't tell anyone."

"We aren't your favourite people?" I ask.

"PFFFT" She bursts out laughing. "Oh you're serious." We all nod our heads in disappointment.

For some reason, I have this odd feeling of relief. Now I don't have to hide anything from her. Not that she's important to my feelings whatsoever.

A knock on the door interrupts the awkward silence. No one moves a muscle. The knocks on the door get more repetitive.

I slowly pace towards the door and twist the door knob and it immediately flies open.

"Jeez, took you long enough." Y/n complains. I quickly grab her by the t-shirt before throwing her in and slamming the door shut. "Well this is new.." She adds.

I let go of her instantly and fold my arms. Hartley winks at me and I give her a look.

"You told no one, right?" Jake asks, fear written all over his face.

"Do you guys seriously not trust me?" She asks, throwing her arms in the air.

"We met you like a month ago, you can't blame us for having doubts." I explain.

"I am not a part of this 'us' just to be clear." Amy adds. Y/n mumbles a thank you and sits on the couch besides Hartley.

"Also, I have literally no one to tell. My parent's are always doing work and my only friends are you guys." Y/n mentions.

"HAH! You're a loner!" I tease.

"Shut up, your best friend was a rat for your entire childhood." Amy and y/n burst out laughing, while I stand there dumbfounded.

--
MADDEN RESIDENCE - HARTLEY POV

A few hours later, everyone is chatting freely and somewhat happily.

Now let's get a few things straight. Colby is head over heels for Y/n. He just won't admit it. I'm not entirely sure about y/n's side but I'm positive she likes him too.

I'm not good at most things but I am very good at butting in in people's lives.

"Colby! Sidebar." He looks at me questionably but walks with me towards to kitchen.

I make sure the door is shut before continuing. "You totally like y/n."

"I've said this before and I will say it again. I. Like. Y/n." Colby says in a loud tone. What.

"Did you hear what you just said?" I ask, excitedly.

"Yeah, I just said I don't like y/n." He huffs. I watch as he walks through the door and smile to myself. I pull out the phone from my pocket and tap the red button on the bottom.

"Voice recording completed."