Chapter 1

To all the people that actually like this book. I took it down for awhile because i believed it could have been a little better. Plus i was still confused over the plot of the story. Most of the characters are the same but some things have changed. Sorry for the inconvenience I hope you enjoy.

"The future is meant for those who are willing to let go of the worst parts of the past.When you cannot take two steps without turning around to inspect your footsteps , you are going nowhere fast."

                              -Corey Taylor

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Doom, that is all I'm thinking right now.

The mating games are about to start and I'm finally 16.

My life of freedom is over.

For the past ten years I've been living with my friend.

Both our parents died during the war, leaving us as orphans, but luckily the werewolves let us keep one of are houses.

My parents died when I was 6, my father died in war and my mother soon committed suicide after the lost of my father.

I roll over in my bed with my pillow over my head and start crying softly.

"I miss you mom and dad,"I whisper softly.I stretch a little and quickly get out of my bed.I went to the bathroom took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed.I quickly made my way down the stairs.

"Good morning Lia," my friend Daisy said.

"Good morning," I say.

I go over to the shelf and get a pan, a measuring cup, and the pancake mix.

"Soooo, the mating games are about to begin are you ready," Daisy said.While I was mixing the pancake mix.

"I hate those werewolf they're all monsters," I replay in disdain, stopping what I was doing.

"I know you hate them Lia, but you gotta admit they're hot, "Daisy said dreamily.I make a creeped out face and just stared at her.She starts laughing at me and I quickly looked away.I start making my pancakes again, making them crispy, I put butter and strawberry sauce on it and made my way to the couch.I sit down, turned on the TV and started to watch supernatural.Soon after eating breakfast me and Daisy headed towards the meeting hall to talk about the mating games.

After the war alphas from around the country got put into regions they were in charge of, where they would talk to the humans about the mating games.Our Alpha's name is Chris, he's kind of cute, but I'll always remember what they did to us 10 years ago, I will never forget that.I push open the door to the hall and around 100 of us girls we're standing there and Chris was standing on the podium.

"Girls", he announced, "in a few weeks the mating games will begin and you will have the chance to find your mate.""The rules are as follows; You will get a five hour head start into the woods in the beginning of the game's, after the five hours are up the guys will soon chase afterwards,You'll get a canteen for water and a knife for hunting for food, also a satchel for carrying things.If a wolf claims to be your mate you cannot refuse them, they are your mates, your lifelong partner, you're destined other half, you have to accept them.You can wear anything you want to the games; dresses, shoes, sandels, jeans, anything.You can't bring in any weapons or any food products except for the ones that we have provided for you.Your mates will have two days to find you in the woods, if you are able to hide in the woods for those two days, without your mate finding you, then you will come back to your town/ region and you will continue to live here until the next mating games the following year, and hopefully they will find you bye then. That is all, he announced, you may leave."

After he leaves we hear a bunch of girls whispering about how excited they were for the games, and how they couldn't wait to be mated.

"How can they want to be mated with those monsters," I whisper over to Daisy. They're so strong, not to mention sexy I hear most of the girls saying.I couldn't take it anymore and so I quickly walked out of the hall and Daisy soon following after me.We headed back to the house in the car, and I quickly head up to my room, put my pajamas on then went back to bed.

"I don't want to go," I whisper to myself. I slowly closed my eyes and let sleep come over me.