Crowded Spaces Part 2 - Emily Junk (1)

AN- Finally got round to writing part 2. I also moved part 1 down so it comes just before this chapter as I always find it easier when two or more parts are together in an imagines book.

(Potential Trigger Warning – Social Anxiety, Anxiety Attacks)

-

Do you ever get days where you just don't feel like doing anything? Well I get days where I just don't feel anything, and therefore don't feel like doing anything. I just sit in my room, staring out the window not thinking. Just utterly numb.

Today was one of those days. So there I was, sitting alone in my room when my phone rang. I glance at the screen and see it's Emily calling me. I ignore it, feeling bad but knowing I'm incapable of talking let alone acting that I'm okay, plus I hate lying to her but I still don't want her to see me like this.

A few seconds after the call ends, I get a text.

Emily- You okay? Xx

I hesitate before sending a quick 'yes' in response.

The dots appear as she starts to type something but soon disappear and I toss my phone onto my pillow trying not to overthink the situation.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work and my anxiety builds up and soon I'm struggling to breathe.

After trying and failing to calm myself down, I knock on the wall behind me until Abbie comes in. She immediately pulls me into a hug and whispers soothing things in my ear until the attack has subsided.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asks softly.

I shake my head.

"Come here."

Abbie gently helps me to my feet, grabbing my phone for me and walking me into the living room where she sits me down on the couch and hands me the remote, putting my phone down next to me.

"I have to go to work but I'm just a text away if you need me okay?"

I nod, giving her a small smile in thanks.

She places a quick kiss on my forehead and I thank my lucky stars that I have a friend like her.

-//-

Ten minutes later I hear the front door open again and I assume Abbie has just forgotten something until I feel hands wrap around my shoulders from behind, making me jump slightly.

"Sorry." A voice says, I turn my head to see Emily.

I open my mouth to say something but she beats me to it.

"Shh don't worry about it. Abbie told me everything, I hope you don't mind but you were worrying me. She then said she'd left you alone and I started to worry more so I stopped by her work to pick up her key and then came straight here to give you cuddles if you'll let me?"

A rare smile spreads across my face and I nod.

"I brought snacks too." She adds. I watch as she moves into the kitchen and grabs a few bowls, filling them with the sweets she bought. She then puts the bowls on a tray along with two drinks and brings it into the living room, setting it down on the coffee table and sitting on the opposite end of the couch.

I pause, confused as to why she sat so far away when she claimed she came to give me cuddles.

"What are we watching?" She asks with a grin, popping a few sweets into her mouth before turning her attention to the tv. "Ooh Brooklyn nine-nine, I love this show."

As I too turn to the tv, I eventually feel her eyes on me so turn my head back to her.

"Come here then." She grins, patting her lap.