Not Percy Jackasson Again

"That's our new sibling?" Will asked Sylvia as she neared him.

"Yep," she confirmed while nodding her head, causing her wavy blonde hair to bounce.

"How old are they?" Kayla questioned.

"They're nine, I believe," Sylvia informed them. "Their name is Lux."

"D'you know what type of curse they have?" Austin walked over.

"Nope. They can for sure control if they have freckles or not, though," she said.

"Lucky," Will grumbled. He hated his freckles, but wasn't able to control them.

"Your freckles are cute, Will," Sylvia told him.

"Yeah, whatever. Oh, it's time for archery," he said.

"C'mon, then, let's show...who are we practicing with today? Let's show the Hephaestus kids how it's done," Sylvia said, waving with her hand to beckon everyone to follow her.

"It's not even a competition!" Austin reminded her.

"It is now."

---

Sylvia closed one eye for better aim, nocking six arrows in her bow, Fiendfyre (Annabeth made her read Harry Potter. Best thing she ever read, and it helped her a lot with learning Ancient Greek). She pulled the string back, focused on nothing but the bullseye, not seeing anything around it, and let go of the string.

Thwoop, thwoop, thwoop, thwoop, thwoop, thwoop.

They all landed exactly where she aimed on the white-and-red target.

"Hey, Jake?" she asked, since he was the closest Hephaestus kid to her.

"Yeah?" He looked up at her from where he was struggling to nock an arrow.

"Did your cabin fix the moving targets?" she asked. They were working perfectly, but then a few Hermes campers "accidentally" messed with the controls to try to get it to spout movie lines, messed up, and broke them.

"We're almost done," he informed her, going back to struggling with his practice bow.

Sylvia felt sort of bad for him, messing up this badly in front of the best archers at camp.

"Here," she said, stepping up to Jake and gently taking the wooden bow from him. "Hold it like this."

She demonstrated, then showed him how to properly nock an arrow.

"Try aiming for that patch of dirt in front of you first," she suggested, pointing to light beige spot in the ground that seemed slightly more water-deprived than the rest. "Since it's closer, the chances of you hitting it should increase."

"Thanks," he said, and she nodded at him and walked back to her spot. She grabbed Fiendfyre and nocked eight arrows this time, only to be interrupted by Finn and Lux running up to her.

"Via!" Finn greeted, panting, although Lux beside faer looked completely fine and not tired at all. Fae was never much of a runner.

"Hey Finn, Lux," Sylvia said, nodding at the two.

"I just–pant–finished the tour. Chiron told us there's a counselor meeting you have to be at right now, though," Finn told her. "Something about a demigod or two that need to be taken to camp."

"Got it. Thanks, you two," Sylvia said, trying not to seem annoyed. She'd wanted to introduce Finn to their siblings, but it seemed that she wouldn't be able to now. "Uh, Finn, d'you think you could do me a favour?"

"Sure," Finn smiled brightly at her, though she could've sworn fae was blushing. "What is it?"

"Can you introduce Lux to Will, Austin, and Kayla, please? I wanted to, but apparently I don't have enough time now," she said regretfully.

"Okay," Finn said amiably. "You good with that, Lux?"

"Yeah. I'm-I'm fine with it," Lux confirmed.

"See you both later, then." Sylvia waved, hoping her siblings would be okay alone for the next thirty minutes or so (although, with Finn there, she knew they'd be fine), and ran towards the Big House for the second time that day.

* * *

"Who would like to go, then?" Chiron asked after explaining the basics of what whoever went on the sort-of quest would have to do. A few people, including Annabeth (Sylvia missed her; she hung out with Percy more than her now), Thalia (Sylvia wasn't very close to her, but she seemed cool), and (ugh) Percy Jackson couldn't make it to the meeting, so they I-M'd instead. Lee couldn't do that because he was currently on an airplane.

"I will," Percy and Sylvia said at the same time. They glared at each other, sea-green eyes looking into emerald ones.

Chiron chuckled slightly. "Alright, then. Would anyone else like to go?"

"I'll go," Annabeth offered, slightly nudging Thalia, who was in the same I-M as her.

"I'll go too," Thalia said.

"Now, we need transportation, since Argus is currently unavai--" Chiron started.

"I can see if my mom can drive us," Percy said, making a green tendril of envy slip into Sylvia's heart and crawl up into her brain. Of coure he got the stable, not verbally (and occasionally physically) abusive mère. "Just one sec, I'll I-M back in a minute or so." 

With that, his Iris Message went poof in a cloud of vapour. Exactly 86 seconds later, it reappeared.

"She says she can drive us right at the exact time and date you specified, Chiron," he updated. "Sylvia'll have to get a ride into the Manhattan, though."

Everyone turned to look at her. She tilted her head in thought for a moment, before nodding. "Okay. I'll be there."

"How?" Chiron questioned.

"Argus has to take strawberries into the city that day, correct? I'm assuming that's why he can't take us, meaning I can just go with him, he can drop me off, and I can walk the rest of the distance to Percy's mom"--here comes the envy again, although now it's more of a vine than a tendril--"by myself."

"One demigod walking alone through the city?" Thalia questioned. "That can't be safe."

Annabeth smiled lightly. "Don't underestimate her. I'd bet 100 drachmae she'll be okay."

Sylvia grinned, remembering all the time she used to spend with Annabeth before she met Percy.

"Well, if you do happen to die along the way, I'd get both a dead Sylvia and 100 drachmae," Percy teased. "It'd be like a dream come true!"

"Oh, shut up, Jackson," Clarisse and Sylvia said in unison, rolling their eyes. Actually, Clarisse said, "Shut the fuck up, Jackson," but it was close enough.

"What's the license plate to her car?" Sylvia asked him. "So I can find it easier."

"Who looks at the license plate?" he asked incredulously.

"Who doesn't?" Annabeth, Sylvia, Pollux, Connor, and Katie all said in sync.

"You guys are weird," he said, shaking his head. "Mom's car is blue. That's all I know about it."

Sylvia sighed. At this point, she shouldn't even be surprised at his lack of knowledge.

"Well, you all will see each other then," Mr. D spoke up for the first time the entire meeting. "I have a wine tasting to attend--I mean supervise, so hurry up and end the meeting."

"Okay, the meeting is done, then," Chiron said, and Mr. D immediately disappeared with the sound of a wine bottle being opened.

Sylvia had to pack her stuff.

Sorry if I end up using the they/them pronouns or the fae/faer pronouns incorrectly. If I do, please call me out on it.

Anyways, that happened. The first half was mostly filler. Sorry you had to go through that.

QOTD: What's one random thing that keeps you up at night?

A: Humming is just singing with your nose

-Eevee