Take That, Jackasson. You Can't go on Every Quest Known to Demigodkind

Sylvia tried to talk to Clarisse about the quest and when they'd be able to find Chris, but Dionysus called a council of cabin counselors to talk about the prophecy, and their conversation was cut short.

Sylvia still had Lux in her arms. "Hey, Austin? Kayla? Will? Can you guys take them for me?"

Finn walked up. "Here, I can."

"Thanks." Sylvia smiled at faer as fae took the child of Apollo from her arms.

"No problem. By the way, do you know what that flash thing was?"

"I...have a few suspicions," Sylvia said. "But that ability is more rare than even Hephaestus kids having control over fire..."

Fawkes? Is it what I think it is? Does Lux have photokinesis?

No answer.

Fawkes?

Oh, my apollogies (~) ;) ( ~), I was trying to contact Lord Apollo to see if I could tell you the answer. Yes, they have photokinesis.

Sylvia looked at Lux in Finn's arms in awe. "Fawkes says...Fawkes said I was right. Gods, that's so rare."

"What is it?" Finn asked.

"I'll tell Lux first, and then see if they are okay with me telling others," Sylvia said apologetically.

"Oh! That makes sense." Finn smiled at Sylvia. "Anyways, you should probably catch up with the other counselors." Fae gestured toward the crowd with faer head. They were getting pretty far away, having almost completely disappeared under the cover of the trees.

"Oh, yeah, since Lee isn't here and...well..." She trailed off, glancing at where the Oracle was sitting earlier. Grover and Percy were struggling to carry it, having been elected to carry it back to the attic. "Well, see you later?"

"Yep."

Sylvia ran in the direction of the cabin counselors' retreating figures.

* * *

Sylvia sighed in annoyance beside Thalia. For whatever reason, the two people who resented Percy Jackson the most at the moment were the ones who were told to grab him for the counselor meeting.

They tromped up the stairs. They had an unspoken agreement that they weren't going to talk to Percy, so they looked at Grover.

"Tell Percy to get his ass downstairs," Thalia said.

"Why?" Percy asked.

"Did he say something?" Sylvia asked Grover.

You two are being very immature right now, Fawkes chided.

I don't really care, Fawkes, Sylvia snapped. He stuck his nose where it didn't belong---into my business.

"Um, he asked why." Grover glanced at Fawkes. Sylvia wondered if he could understand when they talked to each other.

No, he can't. He can only understand if I actually make a sound. Right now, we're communicating through our minds. Nature spirits and satyrs just speak the languages animals do. They don't speak in our minds.

That makes sense, Sylvia admitted.

"Dionysus is calling a council of cabin leaders," Thalia said.

"Unfortunately, that includes Jackasson," Sylvia added.

* * *

The council was held around a Ping-Pong table in the rec room. Mr. D waved his hand and supplied snacks: Cheez Whiz, crackers, and several bottles of red wine. Then Chiron reminded him that wine was against is restrictions, and most of the campers were underage. Dionysus sighed. With a snap of his fingers the wine turned to Diet Coke. Nobody really drank that either.