VIII. Gege, you're looking super cute!

"Right! Perfect, now look at me", Feng Xin kept prompting the crown prince from behind the camera, while Mu Qing and Shi Qingxuan selected the outfits; only Hua Cheng couldn't take his eyes off his newfound modelling talent. Gege was sure cute, of course he was; but on camera he also had a presence, a look, a sphynx-like smile. He was a face.

He was just at ease, acting natural in a good-looking way. And all outfits he was modelling suited him so perfectly! Part of it was of course due to Mu Qing's choices, but Xie Lian just had the most beautiful rosy skin, honey-coloured eyes and golden-brown hair, not to mention his smile, his body...

Hua Cheng suddenly noticed it wasn't quite summer yet but it was very hot! Just then, Shi Qingxuan, who had stepped out to the back of the building, brought a few bottles of Peroni in. Everyone cheered, Feng Xin being the most enthusiastic; Mu Qing said,

"Oi, easy, you're working"

"Working?", Xie Lian asked, coming over to them.

"When we do this kind of creative exercise we treat it like it's work", Hua Cheng quickly explained, giving Feng Xin and Mu Qing a brief look. Xie Lian smiled, reaching for a beer.

"Gege, you shouldn't drink today", he said, grabbing his hand.

The crown prince looked back at him in surprise, probably just then remembering he was dead drunk the night before. He smiled, "I'm good San Lang, don't worry about me".

"Yeah, are you his mamma now?", Shi Qingxuan said, and they all laughed.

Hua Cheng shrugged, laughing too, and they all clinked bottles and sipped their beers, sighing; they sat around, listening to a jazzy tune. Hua Cheng kept watching the crown prince: he looked totally relaxed and at ease with them, sitting down stylishly on a "balloon" chair, sipping his beer. He looked happy.

The photoshoot had that all-white look, a polo shirt with patterned pants, a burgundy Harrington Jacket with a Levi's 502 denim, a bright green silk suit. They used the chairs, the table with the long-player, the lava-lamp at the front counter and the windows as sceneries.

Mu Qing finally asked Shi Qingxuan about his look, "Is it some new trend or something?"

"From London!", he replied proudly, "You like it?"

"No", he said, and finished off his beer with a long sip.

"Let's wrap our 'fun' photoshoot. Gege and I still have some sightseeing to do", Hua Cheng said; with the exception of the crown prince, everyone knew he needed to collect material for his article, so while showing Rome around, he'd dig some information. But Hua Cheng was good: the prince wouldn't notice.

Xie Lian chose a white button shirt, short sleeved with one or two buttons open, skin tight light blue denim, slightly short at the ankles, white loafers and a neckerchief in shades of blue and lilac for his makeover.

"Gege, you're looking super cute!"

The doorbell rang again: pizzas were brought in from a place around the corner, and at the sight of them they noticed they were starving! For the next twenty minutes they sat around and ate with their hands, messily and noisily, washing it down with more beer.

The crown prince watched everyone else helping themselves to pizza, and then reached for a slice. 'He probably never had pizza, or had to use silver cutlery with it', Hua Cheng thought; he'd probably do the same if he went to some fancy dinner with fish cutlery, and realised Gege might be naïve, but he was actually quite clever.

He seemed to be enjoying himself, even laughing at Feng Xin choking, then burping loudly, or Shi Qingxuan dropping melted cheese on his cravat and shrieking. 'As if he's one of the guys', Hua Cheng thought; who were his friends, who did the crown prince hang out with? He'd find out soon enough...

"Alright! Gege, Rome wasn't built in a day, so we better get going. You ready?"

Xie Lian got up and fixed his outfit, tucking his shirt into his trousers and combing his hair lightly with his fingers. Hua Cheng went close and tied his neckerchief again, looking at him approvingly.

"Let's go!", the crown prince replied.

Let's go sightseeing with Hualian everyone! 😎

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked!

If you did, please vote, comment, follow me.