𝟷𝟻. sᴛᴀʏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ

ᴀ/ɴ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ 𝟷ᴋ ʀᴇᴀᴅs! ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪ'ᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ! ɪ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅs ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ!

ɪᴍ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ʟɪɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴢᴏᴍʙɪᴇs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, sᴏ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ғᴇᴡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ

A whole 2 periods had passed, and I had managed to hide my emotions from my friends. I decided I would tell them the news in the next few days. Addison and Bree were beyond excited about cheer practise and the upcoming dance, I just didn't want to ruin that happiness.

I had avoided Zed for most of my previous classes, knowing he would find a way to irritate me, before I spilled out the truth. 

I turned a corner and headed towards my locker, when I was met with a familiar face leaning against the metal door. 

"Took your time" He said giggling as he moved aside from my locker door, keeping one arm behind his back.

I only replied with a small smile before opening my locker door and placing my books inside. 

I turned to face Wyatt when I was met with him holding a bouquet of flowers in front of him. Roses. How on earth did he know they were my favourites? Even Addison wouldn't know that.

"I saw you walk into school, you seemed really upset so I thought I'd surprise you" He said smiling softly before handing me the roses.

I could almost cry, I was so overwhelmed by everything, and without even asking Wyatt went out of his way to comfort me.

"Thank you Wyatt, this really means a lot" I said returning the smile before giving him a hug.

He returned the hug, and placed a soft gentle kiss on my temple. 

"Hey did you maybe wanna go for a walk?" I asked as I closed my locker door.

-------------------------

Wyatt and I walked towards a small lunch table, seated around greenery and flowers. 

"So do you want to talk about why you were upset earlier?" He asked placing his hand on mine.

"Promise you wont tell anyone?" I asked, looking up at the boy beside me.

"I promise" He replied.

"My Dad and I have moved around my entire life, once his job changes he packs up our lives and we move along to the next town. He promised me this would be the last time we moved, but his job just offered him a promotion 2 hours away, and he's pretty certain he's going to take it" I said looking down at my hands, as I played with my rings. 

"I had no idea, Im so sorry Holly" He said, pulling me into a hug, stroking my hair as he comforted me.

"I told him he can go, but I wouldn't be leaving. I don't think I have it in me to leave this beautiful town" I replied, with a tear falling down my cheek onto his chest.

"Have you thought about living with your mother?" He asked as he gently ran his hands up and down my back.

"I have no idea how I would even go about contacting her, I haven't seen her in almost 12 years. She would even know who I am" I said back, as I wiped my tears with my jumper.

He pulled my chin up gently with his hand, wiping away the few tears left on my cheek.

"We can figure this out together, have you told Addison?" He asked.

"No, not yet. So far only you know" I replied back, holding his hand in mine.

"I'll help you tell them. I'm sure Addison will understand, as well as the others" He replied, gripping onto my hand.

Later that day Wyatt helped me tell Addison and my friends the news. They were beyond supportive, offering me places to stay and money. 

Who would have known the friends I made at this small town would be some of the best people I will have ever met. 

Wyatt walked me home after school, we talked the whole way home. Learning more about each other and our interests, and our lives outside of Seabrook High. Wyatt told me about his ambitions for the future, and what it's like for a wolf to be in regular school.

We talked about my family, growing up with cheer, and how hard it has been to move my life around so drastically every few months.

Before we knew it, we had reached my front porch. 

"Did you need me to stay for a while?" He asked.

"It's ok, I have plenty of homework to do, thank you anyways" I replied back with a soft smile.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow, text me if you need me" He replied pulling me into a hug.

"Goodbye Wyatt" I said as he planted a small soft his on my forehead.

"Goodbye Holly" He said as I waved him goodbye, then entering my house.