Till the end of time

[Pete POV]

Walking side by side with Vegas on the beach grew some fantasies in my head which in the end didn't turn out like that. I thought we'll behave like a couple on our honeymoon but he is holding the umbrella like I'm some King and he is my bodyguard. What the hell!

"You know bodyguarding is my only job, don't steal it", I try to make a serious face while saying it.

"You can be others' bodyguard but with me, I'm your bodyguard" , Vegas says it seriously and I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

"It's not that serious Vegas", I laugh.

"No, it is. You deserve to be protected", again the serious face. He looks like a baby, I can't stop myself from adoring him.

"You know you're so cute", I pull his cheeks.

"Calling a mafia cute is the greatest form of disrespect, don't you know", he pouts.

"Number 1, you're not a mafia anymore. Number 2, you are cute", I giggle.

Vegas steals a quick peck.

"Heyyyy, that is not fair", I protest.

"Everything is fair in love and war", he says in English. Whether I understand it or not, his english is sexy. I do admit that.

"So we're at war right now?"

"Oh god Pete, what to do with you"

This stupid conversation continues till we reach at Vegas' house. It's a humble beach house in boho style which I'm pretty sure Macau chose because ain't no way the red room Vegas will turn into floral after getting a heartbreak.

"In case you're wondering, the decor wasn’t chosen by me, it's Phi Vegas's idea." Macau comes out of the house with a face full of smiles.

Oh man, you can't be sure of anything in the world they said. What have I done to Vegas!

"What have you done to bro, P'Pete?" Macau says in a fake disappointed tone.

"I also wonder", I give an uneasy smile. Why do I feel so nervous? The situation is totally like 'meeting your in-laws after marriage proposal' but this isn't my first time meeting Macau.

"In case you're wondering again, I approve of you P'Pete. No problem at all. Please fix my heartbroken brother before he plants another sunflower in the garden in your name", Macau sighs.

I immediately turn to Vegas and he just avoids my gaze. I can see his face turning red. Caught red handed!

"Vegas did you -", I get stopped by a crying sound. Wait! I forgot one more member of the house- Venice. I'm so sorry Venice I'm not used to seeing you with them.

"I think Venice is hungry", Vegas gets the perfect chance to change the topic and I don't say anything. We got a lifetime to tease you about this Mr. Ex Mafia.

We go into the room and Macau hands me over the feeding bottle full of milk, "You feed him today, P'Pete. You guys should get close now". I oblige.

I go to Venice and see his face. His face resembles Vegas'. I mean of course it does, he's his brother after all. But it just feels fascinating to me to see a mini Vegas. I hope the personality isn't the same. I need to make sure it is not. Wait...why am I thinking of some far future? We barely got together yesterday. Still not a couple. Raising Venice is far away.

I take Venice to my lap and miraculously he stops crying. Macau claps in excitement, "P'Pete Venice likes you as his dad!!"

D-dad...I'm so embarrassed right now my whole face has already turned into a tomato, I'm pretty sure of that. I turn to Vegas to see he is trying to suppress a smile.