To Mordor

Everyone had rested a bit and was now stationed in or on various structures around the gate. Eddie was standing next to Steve, surveying the area one last time before he would have to make his trek back to the Creel Manor. He had told Steve that the fight with Vecna would likely start almost immediately after he crossed to the Upside Down, considering Kas was no longer controlling his body.

"If I don't make it back topside, do me a favor?" Steve frowned at Eddie.

"I don't think we should talk like that, but what?" Eddie sighed, rubbing his neck.

"Take care of Henderson for me, alright? He's a good kid and he deserves a better role model than me." Eddie chuckled, raising his eyebrow at Steve.

"Man, just kill Vecna and get your ass back over here. I'm not raising this kid alone." Steve smiled at Eddie, who busted out laughing.

"Yeah, alright. I'll try to be home by dinner, dear." He blew Steve a kiss and a wink before walking over to Dustin. "Hey, bud. I'm gonna be leaving soon. Try to keep yourself safe."

"You better do the same. I expect to see you back here as soon as you pull your sword out of Vecna's lifeless body." Dustin smiled, hopeful, and hugged Eddie. Eddie ruffled his hair and left to meet Eleven and Kali near the gate. The girls were going to go to the Creel Manor with him and Lucas. They hoped that being closer to Vecna's Upside Down lair would help them get to him easier once Eddie went through the gate, and Lucas was going to be their protector topside.

Eddie nodded at the girls and Lucas who said their last 'see you later' to the other group members before following Eddie towards the Manor. The walk was solemn and quiet, no one knowing what to say. Eddie was remembering all of the torment he had been through since Chrissy's death and he could feel the familiar wave of rage building inside him. What Vecna had done to so many people was beyond redemption at this point. He needed to be eliminated and any sign of him erased from both the Upside Down and the normal world. Eddie was going to make sure of that.

The small group made their way up the yard in front of the Creel Manor and stopped just a few yards from the front door. They all looked at each other, nodded, and followed Eddie inside. It was just as busted up as Eddie and Lucas remembered it, but this was fairly new territory for Eleven and Kali. They took in the dilapidated rooms, taking a few minutes to acquaint themselves with the layout in case they needed to get out quickly before following Eddie to the Attic.

"Once I go through, there can be zero hesitation, alright?" The girls nodded, sitting their bags down in the middle of the room. "Do you need anything before I go?"

"Let me radio the others real quick." Lucas pulled his walkie-talkie out of his bag and pressed the button. "The Vamp and Supers are in place, awaiting the okay to move forward."

"It's a go from us." Steve's voice rang out of the speaker, signaling Eddie that it was time. He gave the girls and Lucas a tight smile and nod, before facing the glowing passage to the Upside Down and his fate.

"To Mordor." Eddie took a deep breath and stepped through.

*****

As Eddie emerged on the other side, the attic was empty. He pulled his sword and shield off his back, slowly leaving the attic and heading down into the house. He checked the rooms one by one until he made it to the living room. There was a figure standing in front of the old fireplace. He approached slowly, confused by the presence of another person in the Upside Down.

"You really shouldn't stare, Eddie. People might think you're rude." Eddie gripped his sword a bit tighter. The voice was familiar, but he couldn't quite place it.