Your new home and learning the rules

Throk wasn't expecting Zarkon to give you to him as a promotion gift; he was completely unprepared and didn't know anything about taking care of a Human. After his front door slid closed, he led you into the living room and looked down at you, not wanting to be too close; any species other than pure blooded Galra disgusted him to some extent. He was thankful that you were very obedient, but there was something about the way you just silently stood in front of him while looking at the floor that worried him. You didn't say anything while you looked at the floor, trying to ignore the slight feeling of betrayal; you were loyal to Zarkon for so long, but you already knew that you were his to give away if he chose to do so. You had been a prisoner for so long that you completely lost a sense of self and forgot who you really were.

"Have you eaten today? You may speak freely in my habsuite." Throk questioned after a few moments, unsure of what to say to you; that, and he wasn't able to think of anything else to say.

"Yes Sir, I have earlier." You quietly answered, looking up at him and making eye contact as a sign of respect.

"When was your last meal?" Throk queried, trying his best not to sound worried, even though he was.

"This morning. I'm given three meals every day." You replied, not missing the slightly worried tone as he spoke.

"Very well. Seeing as I haven't prepared anything for you, you may wait here while I get something for you to eat, as well as myself." Throk told you as he knelt down and took the leash off of your collar, rolling it up and putting it on the coffee table before standing up again.

You looked down at the floor again and stood still, not wanting to accidentally anger your new master. While you were waiting, Throk went to his kitchen and prepared some food goo for you to eat. He had to look up different foods from Earth so that he could select a flavor, that way your food would taste like it. As for himself, he reheated some leftovers that had been sitting in his fridge for the past two days. Throk was going to let you sit at the table, not wanting you to eat on the floor like a yupper; some of the other Commanders preferred their pets to eat on the floor, but he wasn't one of them.

"Come here, Y/n. Dinner's ready." Throk called out from his dining room, pulling out a chair for you after he set the table.

After waiting a few minutes, you walked in the direction of where Throk's voice came from, a little surprised that he made dinner so quickly. You were used to eating delicious high quality food goo when you lived with Zarkon, but you didn't know what to expect from Throk. You were thankful that he wasn't making you eat on the floor, so you happily sat on your knees after you climbed up onto the chair. Back when you lived with Zarkon, you had to eat on the floor like most pets.

"I don't know what you Humans eat, so I selected a random flavor for your dinner." Throk said after you got comfortable on the chair, ignoring your somewhat visible breasts.

"Thank you, Sir." You thanked the tall, lanky Commander, thankful for the meal; you glanced at his food for a second, recognizing it as a traditional Galran dish that you weren't able to digest.

Throk didn't say anything as he began eating, quietly humming in satisfaction when a piece of the slightly spicy meat touched his tongue. He started thinking of house rules as he ate, knowing that he needed to establish them so there wouldn't be any confusion as to what you were and weren't allowed to do. He decided to go shopping the next day, now needing supplies for you; he wasn't even aware about a certain monthly issue you dealt with yet. Your eyes widened when you scooped up some of the food goo with your spoon and ate it, beyond surprised when the flavor of F/f met your tongue; even after going so long without it, you still remembered the flavor of your favorite food. You had to force yourself to eat slowly so that you wouldn't get an upset stomach, not wanting to tempt fate.

"I know that Emperor Zarkon said that you were well trained, but I have rules that you need to follow while you're living here." Throk said about halfway through dinner, looking at you from across the table.

"Yes Sir." You responded in a firm yet respectful way, knowing that you would have to get used to a new set of rules.

"First off, you're not allowed to go outside of my habsuite without me and when I take you out, you need to wear your robe and leash and you're not to speak unless spoken to; you're allowed to speak in here if you feel like it, but you will always speak respectfully. You're also not allowed to use any sharp objects or contact anyone on the outside by using any devices. I'm taking you out shopping for supplies tomorrow, so you'll have a more decent robe to wear when I take you out, as well as a few other supplies. Never take food or drinks from anyone else unless I approve first." Throk told you in a calm tone, knowing that you would follow his rules.

"Yes Sir, I understand." You replied while sitting up straight and meeting his gaze, wanting to do your best to please him.

"Good girl. Now, you may finish your meal. I'll leave a blanket and a pillow on the couch so that you can sleep there until you're comfortable sharing a bed with me." Throk said before he went back to eating, not wanting his food to get cold.

When you lived with Zarkon you were used to sleeping with him, but you couldn't help but lightly blush as you thought about sleeping with Throk. As you began eating again, trying your best not to feel flustered; you were thankful that Throk was letting you sleep on his couch instead of making you sleep in his bed with him right away. A slight smirk appeared on Throk's face when he noticed how you suddenly got a little flustered; he liked it when you showed a little emotion instead of acting like a soulless robot. Later that evening after you fell asleep on the couch and Throk was in bed, he decided to do some research on Humans so that he would know how to take care of you. He hoped that he could eventually have a strong bond with you and gain your trust, but for the time being he would go easy on you.
_______________________________________

This chapter is being kept as second p.o.v. in order to preserve the comment(s) that are attached to sentence(s)