Transferred

Throk saw it coming before he even received the order, he knew it was going to happen after he lost his fight with Lotor, but until it actually happened he didn't know when exactly it was going to happen. It wasn't at all surprising that Throk got transferred to a base at one of the farthest reaches of the universe, a rather cold place that no one ever wanted to be transferred to. On the day he officially got his transfer notice Lotor called Throk to the throne room to give him the order personally, although it only made the older man hate the galtean prince more than he already did. Getting transferred to a less than desirable location was humiliating for any commander in the galra empire, unfortunately he had to accept it because otherwise he would get banished and lose (Y/n). Throk only had two quintants to pack up all of his belongings and load them onto his cruiser so that he could leave with (Y/n), there would already be a crew of sentries waiting for him at the base he was being transferred to.

Before he told (Y/n) that they were leaving galra central command he went to the bar with Vhyx to have one last round of drinks together, it would be the last time in a long time he would be able to see his friend. Throk wasn't sure how to tell (Y/n) about his transfer to the Ulippa system nor was he sure how she would react, all he could do was hope for the best and fully embrace his new assignment; if he was in charge of a base in the farthest reaches of the universe then he would fully embrace it, all in the name of the galra empire. When Throk came home late that evening (Y/n) noticed how depressed he looked, by that point she could easily read his body language pretty well. The skinny man sat next to his pet on the couch and carefully lifted her onto his lap, delicately hugging her against his body for comfort. (Y/n) was genuinely concerned about her master's behavior, usually he didn't hug her like that unless he had a bad day.

“I probably shouldn't be asking you, but what happened?” (Y/n) hesitantly asked Throk after a few minutes, unable to hold her question in anymore.

“I've been transferred to a base in one of the coldest parts of the universe, located in the Ulippa system. I'm taking you with me, but we have to leave in two quintants, we need to pack all of our belongings before we leave.” Throk spoke after a couple of ticks, finally breaking the bad news about them leaving.

“What? Why?” (Y/n) questioned, hardly able to believe that they had to leave central command.

“Lotor feels as though it would be for the best.” Throk responded with a pissed tone, wishing he'd been able to defeat the prince in battle.

(Y/n) didn't say anything in response, she needed a moment to process the new information her master had just given her; they were leaving the only place she remembered and moving to the Ulippa system far away, she honestly didn't know how to feel about it. She rested against Throk's armored chest and let him softly rub her back, it was her duty to comfort him and he needed comforting. Throk had definitely considered murdering Lotor in the middle of the night, unfortunately his generals would undoubtedly be taking turns to watch over their prince while he slept. He didn't feel emotional per-se, but the thought of leaving central command, the place he'd been living ever since he was a mere lieutenant, left him with an empty void in his heart. His habsuite wasn't overly full of stuff like some other people's, although they would still have to pack everything before the big move.

“We should eat dinner.” Throk mumbled against the top of (Y/n's) head, feeling hungry despite the sadness in his heart.

(Y/n) nodded her head in response before he held her closer against his body and stood up, letting herself be carried to the small dining room. She had a lot of happy memories with Throk in his habsuite ever since she'd been given to him by Zarkon, especially after she learned how to live life again instead of just existing. Throk was glad that he could bring (Y/n) with him to the base they would be moving to, he would have hated leaving her behind only to most likely be abused again. The base he was getting transferred to in the Ulippa system would be very cold all year round, so he needed to buy some warm clothes and blankets for both of them on the way there. Throk wasn't sure what the future held for them, thankfully they could still be together and no one could separate them.

__________

By the time the two quintants were done Throk and (Y/n) had all of their belongings packed up on his cruiser; it was a shame to see his beautiful habsuite completely empty, unfortunately they had to leave and neither of them knew if they would ever come back or not. Vhyx helped the two of them pack up and load their stuff onto Throk's cruiser, then he saw them off when they left; right before they went to the bridge of the large ship (Y/n) saw Vhyx whisper something to Throk, something that made her master act flustered and blush. She wanted to know what the other commander told Throk in order to receive such a reaction, although she knew better to pry in someone else's affairs. She couldn't help but wonder if the two commanders had some kind of feelings for each other, they were certainly close enough, but each time she thought about it (Y/n) felt sick to her stomach because she had developed a slight crush on Throk. In reality, Vyhx was simply giving Throk some advice he may or may not need for sometime in the future.

On the way to the Ulippa system Throk took (Y/n) on a quick supply run; food, medical supplies, cleaning supplies and hygiene products would be regularly delivered to them, but he wanted to buy as many warm blankets and winter gear for both of them so they could stay warm. The snarky male absolutely hated the cold, he hated it almost as much as he hated Lotor, in reality he hated them with a burning passion equally. It took about a day to reach the base he'd been transferred to thanks to the hyperdrive, what took a while was unpacking and putting everything away. The base was bigger than (Y/n) thought it would be, although the outside looked better than the inside; it was located far away from any civilization and the only crew were sentries, (Y/n) would miss central command because there were at least other people there. (Y/n) had to admit that having a bigger habsuite was nice, it even had the galra equivalent of a fireplace in the living room and in the bedroom.

“What a mess, apparently Commander Mar didn't believe in cleanliness.” Throk sneered when he and (Y/n) went to go check out the storage room; it looked as though a tornado tore through it, everything inside was a huge mess.

“It's too bad Janka isn't here, he would have this entire base neat and tidy in no time.” (Y/n) jested humorously, grinning as she gently nudged Throk's right hip with her left elbow.

“I might not be fond of him, but I agree; he would come in useful right now.” Throk scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest; he felt a little hurt when (Y/n) mentioned how good Janka was at organizing, he made it his mission to prove to be twice as good.

(Y/n) followed him out of the storage room when he turned around and left, making sure the lights were turned off before they left. Being surrounded by sentries kind of creeped her out, they were just so robotic and emotionless, she could hardly believe that she used to act just like them. (Y/n) had a little bit of a hard time walking around in her new winter clothes because of how thick they were, she was glad Throk walked slowly enough for her to keep up with him. One of the first things they did after arriving and turning everything on was put the food in the kitchen, especially the refrigerated stuff because it needed to remain cold. Throk decided to go quickly check on the control room to make sure everything worked before he and (Y/n) went back to their new habsuite since they had a lot of unpacking and putting away to do.

“The console seems to work well, chances are all of the information is here as well. Now, it's getting late and we need to make the bed. Come along, dearest.” Throk said dismissively after he turned the console on to make sure it worked, a slight smirk appearing on his face when he glanced at his adorable bundled up pet.

“O-okay.” (Y/n) stammered when she once again followed him, feeling warm all of a sudden when he called her by the cute nickname he'd given her.

Throk enjoyed making (Y/n) feel flustered, if they were on more romantic terms then he would make her swoon fairly often. He silently scoffed at the idea of being in a relationship with her; he thought she was cute and all, but romantic relationships with any other species were strictly forbidden after what happened to Zarkon and Haggar ten thousand years prior. It wasn't that Throk was disgusted by (Y/n), she was the one non-galra person who didn't disgust him, he just wasn't sure how to go about getting into a romantic relationship with her if the opportunity ever presented itself. While they walked to their new habsuite (Y/n) could hardly wait until bedtime came, they'd done a lot that day and it left her feeling hungry and sleepy. She was grateful that they had access to the internet in the base; she planned on logging into her Wattpad/ao3 account the next day to see if any of her favorite stories had been updated.