Chapter 3

3 weeks. That's how long Vi and I have been seeing each other. 3 weeks and one life changing night. Vi sneaks into my window again with a glint in her eyes. She carries a small sack and throws it at my direction.

"You're late." was my only response. I had expected her a couple of hours ago. I shook my head still looking over the case notes, but a smirk bagan to form on my lips without my consent. I tried to hide behind the folder I was holding.

"Nice to see you too." Vi snuck onto the bed sitting in front of me. I could hear the smirk on her lips... She leaned in to look at the files upside down; hovering over them so I could no longer read.

"Alright fine I'm done." I leaned in to give her a quick kiss. Then I tossed the case files onto the bed beside me. "What's in the bag?"

"Open it... thought I'd take you out for a change. You do keep asking to see more of Zaun."

I proceed to open the drawstring pulling out a very stereotypical Zaunite outfit. It was deep maroon and accented in black, form fitting yet tasteful.

"This is actually kind of nice."

"Great! Hurry and get changed so we can get going."

"What? Now?"

"Yeah, come on, it's not too late."

"Vi it's nearly midnight."

"Well Zaun never sleeps, we still have four, maybe five hours to see the place. And Vander is expecting us."

"Seriously? When do you sleep?"

"Sleep is overrated, come on..."

"Oh alright, but we have to be back by sunrise. I have work in the morning."

"You got it Cupcake." Vi's equally cheesy grin is accompanied by raised eyebrows and the cutest damn smile.Gods it was hard to say no to that face.

We gathered a few last things and then set off towards The Lanes. Mylo and Claggor met us in the Entresol level. I had only met them just once before when I met Vi at her training gym... There was something so charming about Claggor. Though the man could throw a massive punch, he was very approachable and kind. Out of everyone I had met in Zaun he was the nicest and currently my favorite.

Mylo, on the other hand, was brash and arrogant. Vi was always quick to put him in his place, sometimes with just a simple look. He wasn't all bad, he did have a lot of great ideas and his skills as a thief were tremendously helpful. In fact, as they stood together in the elevator he passed a small vile over to Vi and handed me a notebook.

"Grabbed these off Sevika's desk yesterday, they really need to up security." Mylo smirked waiting for a response.

"What is it?" Vi said.

"Gee, not even a thank you?" Mylo snarked, "How the hell am I supposed to know? It just looks important."

"We were thinking you could figure it out, Cait." Claggor explained.

"Right, well I can take it to my friends Topside. Thank you." I replied.

"See, even the Piltie says thank you." Mylo threw his hands up at Vi who just gave him another look.

We approached a shop just behind the Last Drop and to my surprise a familiar face came into view just inside the threshold.

"Kirraman, what a pleasant surprise." The husky woman smiled back at me with her noble grin.

"Grayson, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same Caitlyn, but I think I know the answer to that one already." She raised a brow and her chin towards Vi.