M/N's Day Out

No prompt

////

It was an early morning inside the L/N residence. Located in the kitchen was M/N.

"...Staaaaaaaaaare..." M/N stared down an imposing figure.

STANDO MIXER

STANDO MIXER

"Listen here punk. You're gonna do your damn job properly. This needs to be perfect."

M/N was dressed up as a typical anime housewife, complete with apron and ponytail.

"Y/N and his friends will be back from their vacation tomorrow, and the brat needs to know just how much I missed him."

M/N knew she was never a perfect mother. Hell, she left Y/N with his father and gave up hope of ever seeing him again. They only properly met around a year ago.

Still, she planned on making sure Y/N knew just how much he meant to her.

Her plan? Bake a cake.

One issue with that plan however. The last time she prepared any food was 18 years ago for her ex-husband. The dish she prepared was so foul that they both agreed he'd do the cooking.

In otherwords, she was gonna fight an uphill battle.

"Alright...how do I...?" M/N scratched her head while looking at the ingredients list. "Okay...cake pan, Check. Mixer, Check. Oven preheated, Check. Ingredients..."

M/N opened the fridge and grew a scowl. "Oh for fucks sake." She groaned. "Alright need milk, eggs and butter."

M/N laced up her boots and grabbed her keys before heading out and locking the door.

It was a short walk to the local supermarket. As she walked through the store, people steered very clear of her as her scowl was still plastered on her face.

She headed to the dairy aisle and looked at the butter. "Margarine? Isn't it just butter?"

"Oh hello! You're Y/N's mother Tachibana-san, aren't you?"

M/N turned her head and was greeted by Ayaka Fujita, her daughter behind her grabbing things they need.

"Uh, yeah. Who are you?"

"Oh, please call me Ayaka. Your son saved my daughter from a group of thugs a few months ago."

"Mm. I believe I met your daughter. Small quiet kid right?"

"Mhm! My Yui is such a sweetheart. She really looks up to your boy you know? He's so respectful too! You did a fantastic job raising him."

M/N looked down. "Um...yeah."

"Hmm? Is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah. Hey, you're a mom, you ever bake a cake?'

"Plenty of times. Why?"

"Do you use butter or margarine? I have no clue what the difference is."

"Ah...I don't know either. I've just always followed the recipe and used unsalted butter. It's better to just follow recipes when it comes to baking."

M/N nodded. "Got it. Tell Yui that Y/N will be back tomorrow."

"Sure thing. Always feel free to stop by for tea Tachibana-san."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks for the advice." M/N bowed her head before going to grab the rest of the things she needs.

//Outside//

Y/N set her bag on the ground next to a percolator before leaning against the wall and pulling out a pack of cigarettes. Lighting one up, she took a quick drag.

She stared at the cig as it burned away. "Only started smoking because F/N offered one to me back when we met. Not sure why I haven't tried to quit yet. Guess it reminds me of him."

"RAAAAH! MY PINKIE TOE! I THINK IT'S BROKEN." A pissed voice invaded M/N's mind.

Looking up from her cigarette, she saw the group of punks that are always causing trouble in Kuoh bothering the Fujita family.

"Oi! You hear that!? You broke my boy's pinkie toe! Your lucky we don't sue your asses!"

"Ah...I-I'm very sorry!" Ayaka bowed. "W-we'll pay for any medical expenses!"

M/N saw Yui shaking and put two and two together.

"Tch, don't bother Ayaka." She stated as she walked up with her hands in her pockets, cig hanging out of her mouth. "That guy ain't hurt."

"The fuck you say, bitch!?" The leader got off the floor. "This has nothing to do with you, so butt out if you know what's good for ya!" He angrily stepped forward.

"*Pthooo!*" M/N spat her cigarette out and flew throigh the air before landing in the leaders eye.

"AH FUCK!" He recoiled and covered his eye.

In retaliation he swung his arm forward, his fist impacting M/N's palm. M/N clamped down and twisted his arm painfully before bringing up her knee to smash the joint of his elbow.

CRACK!

"AAAAAHHH!" The leader fell to the ground as his gang recoiled in fear.

M/N crouched down infront of the leader. "Now he's hurt. Here's what's gonna happen, you're gonna stop tormenting people on my turf, and you won't get another concussion."

"A-another?"

M/N simply rose to her feet before lifting up her leg.

POW!

M/N glared at the others and they hesitantly dragged their leader away.

"Damn punks. Let's hope they finally learn their lesson."

"M/N..."

"Ah." M/N turned around. "Sorry if I spooked you. Couldn't just sit by while those dumbasses tried to scam ya."

Ayaka bowed. "Oh, don't worry! Thank you very much for stepping in. *Giggle* I guess heroism runs in your family doesn't it?"

Yui seemed to agree with her mom as she looked at M/N with stars in her eyes.

"...Yeah, it does doesn't it?" M/N smiled before picking up her groceries. "C'mon. We're headed the same way anyway. Might as well walk together."

////

M/N stared at her home with a blank stare. The blaze being contained by firefighters.

"You left the oven on, didn't you?" Ayaka stared disappointedly.

"So it would seem." M/N replied with a dead voice. "*Sigh* I try to be a good mother, and I burn down the house before I can even attempt what I wanted to do. I'm such a shit mom."

"The two of you could always crash with us! We'd be honoured to have your company!"

M/N sighed. "Thanks. Just have to give Y/N a call."

////

While heroism runs in the family, so does stupid.

This is cannon btw.