The Starving Artist And His Sugar Mommy

The sounds of pencil scrawling across a paper bounced around the empty cafe as a young man sipped on his 2nd cup of coffee. He grunted in frustration as he frantically erased a mistake he made.

The man was in his late teens and heavy bags hung under his eyes. He hadn't shaved in about a week, so his face was rather scruffy, his long black hair sticking out in various directions. He looked like something out of a bad horror flick.

MINATO "TIRED, HUNGRY, POOR" MUZUKASHI

This is Minato. He's a tad obsessed with working if you couldn't tell. He gets so absorbed in his work that everything else becomes secondary to him, including himself. So focused on working, he didn't notice the chime of the cafe door.

The barista looked over and saw a woman in her mid twenties with beautiful blonde wavy hair, a pair of sunglasses and a mask resting on her face. She wore very trendy clothing.

"Thank you for letting me know he was here, dad." The woman spoke to the barista.

"*sigh* I'll close up for today. You two can talk in piece." Her father groaned before closing the cafe's blinds and leaving, locking the door behind him.

The woman sat across from Minato and removed her mask and glasses, her eyes shining with a beautiful blue hue. She rummaged around in her bag before pulling out a healthy bento and lightly tapped it against the top of his head.

Minato flinched as the bento hit his head. He looked up and saw the woman smiling at him lovingly. "A-ah...I missed a text didn't I?"

The woman giggled at Minato's embarrassed face. "It's alright Minato; I find your focus endearing." She teased before holding out the bento.

Minato sighed as he closed his sketchbook and set it aside. "Thanks. I really don't deserve you, Tazumi-san."

The woman huffed. "Hmph! I told you to call me Maya. I call you by your first name." She pouted.

MAYA "PARASOCIAL! YOU NEED TO LOG OFF!" TAZUMI

"And don't you dare spout that nonsense! You deserve nothing less." Maya chastised.

"Still..." Minato began, taking a sip from his cold coffee. "...You're really playing with fire here. I don't want to be the reason you lose your job."

Maya drummed her fingers on the table. "I can't be an idol forever you know. I'm bound to graduate eventually. An idol usually gets only 10 years of shelf life and I'm already at 8. I've had a good career." She reached out and wrapped her hands around his. "Is something wrong? You've been trying to push me away for a few weeks now."

Minato sighed deeply before looking into Maya's eyes. "Remember our last date? The one that I cancelled?"

"Mhm. Still kind of upset over that."

"I was walking up behind you but noticed this shifty guy with a camera following you. I figured he was paparazzi so I snuck away before calling to cancel." Minato looked down in shame. "I've enjoyed the last 2 years we've dated, but we live completely different lives. You've managed 8 years without a single scandal; you don't deserve one because of me."

Maya got up from her seat and moved around to Minato's side of the table and scooched next to him. "I love how much you fuss over little things. Did you know that?"

"Huh?" Minato was confused.

"My agency isn't one of those stuffy ones that forbid dating. They don't get involved with relationships in any way. Whatever happens, I'm sure to get rehired as a dance instructor or manager." Maya explained before a flirty grin appeared on her face. "Besides, if it were to be a scandal, I'd want everyone to know about it. I want everyone to know that I'm yours."

Due to the type of art Minato does, he easily picked up on exactly what Maya was putting down. He shook his head with a disappointed look. "That's a line straight out of an eroge I worked on."

Maya giggled. "Believe me, it was a very interesting scene." Maya traced her finger up Minato's chest and grabbed his chin. "How about we go back to your place and see if we can't recreate it?"

////

Funny story here. I was looking through some of my unpublished chapters to see what I had to work on and saw this was finished and waiting to upload since december of last year.

It's been here.

For.

Two.

Months.

I don't even know what to say to that. I'm a moron? Yeah that seems appropriate, I'm a moron.

Anyway, I'm gonna bullshit my way through here and say Maya is the idol that Y/N occasionally references having a bad experience with fans. Write first, justify it later.