🌻🌧️ can't be gay ; AsaNoya

Tanaka's POV

For some reason, Noya hasn't been as loud as he usually was. I'm sure everyone else in the team has noticed it too. Maybe not the dense duo, Kageyama and Hinata. Those two don't notice anything but Volleyball, and/or each other. Another thing about him is that, he tends to be ignoring Asahi a lot lately.

Of course the big guy's upset by it, but he won't do anything about it cause he's too scared to ask Noya straight up why he's been avoiding him. It's like a silent but deadly tension in the room. Noya and Asahi's relationship has always been a strong one, a surprising one too for people outside of our circle.

A tiny, hyperactive guy who could probably be a junior high student, or maybe sometimes mistaken as an elementary school student with a timid, intimidating looking but shy tall guy who happens to be one year older than him and yet they're close as ever.

Although, in the past few days, Noya's either been giving him the cold shoulder or one or two worded monotone responses.

To top it off, he hasn't even been joining me on simping for Kiyoko-san. I know he actually does it for jokes which is why I'm confused why he's suddenly stopped participating in doing ridiculous things to get Kiyoko's attention. He hasn't even been joking along with me about getting a girlfriend.

I think the last time I got more than a few words out of him was when he asked me about him liking someone but he wasn't sure how to go about it since it wasn't what the team and I would imagine from him. I don't get it.

- - - - - - - - - 

Third Person POV

It was getting harder for him to hide, even to himself. It may not seem that way, but somehow he'd just had a hard time accepting it. The way he was raised, maybe.

Nishinoya Yuu, one of the best liberos in the area in his own right, left the team because of the person he'd once refused to rejoin the team unless they were on as well.

Denial.

Denial, denial.

They say ignorance is bliss.

It was a struggle to keep being around Asahi for him, he'd figured maybe if he just stayed away it'd be fine. He'd been confused and that it would be okay, that's what he'd thought. It even came up to the point where he'd left the team.

Karasuno's Guardian Angel, gone. One of their best and starting players, gone.

All cause he'd struggle to do what he did best. Show his best self, he never hesitated to show every bit of him. To just be himself. But in cases like this, he'd found it better to live as if it wasn't there. He had no idea how his friends would react.

He'd thought they'd react badly - clearly not seeing how all of them are also gay... maybe he hanged around Tanaka too much.

"I can't be gay, no no- no. That doesn't make sense does it" Nishinoya muttered to himself, he'd fallen into a deep slump ever since he'd left the volleyball team. He loves the team, he loves them all - maybe a little too much for one person. "It's worth it in the end, then my parents would never have to find out this happened, and I can move on carefully with my life."

At the cost of leaving the volleyball team, he'd tried to avoid all of his teammates too, fearing they'd try get him back to join the team and him obviously being persuaded to join again. There the cycle would repeat.

It hurt him. A lot.

The few things he loves, and yet he can't even do it just so his parents never found out.

Just so he wouldn't be gay anymore.

Like you could stop who you were interested in or not forcefully. 

Nishinoya had ended up crying instead. He'd even tried conversion therapy, for sure that's what his parents would force him to take if they'd ever found out. It would be better if he just done it quickly there then.

He can already hear what his parents would say if they found out.

"You're not our son."

"Our son would never disgrace us"

"So you've become a faggot. How shameful."

How he wishes he could just snap his fingers and there, boom. It's gone, but all thoughts in his head are filled with the soft giant who's his senior at school. Ace of his team. His crush.

- - - - - - - - -
Asahi's POV

"Have you spoken to Noya lately?" I'd asked Tanaka. Everyday I think. Maybe even more often that that. The same answer every single time.

"No, he doesn't even come to class anymore." he'd say.

I can't help but think that I did something to upset him this time. No matter how much the team says it's definitely not my fault. I think it is. Just before he'd left, he'd stopped interacting with me first. Then distanced himself from the team. Slowly stopped coming to practices until he'd finally told Daichi he quits.

And that was the last any of us ever spoke to him.

That ended up being the last any of us ever spoke to him.

Circe's Note

I feel proud of myself for actually writing an angst you know. It's not really my usual style, so this probably sucks XD. But it was nice to try dabble in something new. Also, I love AsaNoya, so I feel bad for making the angst story AsaNoya.