🖌️ Let Go || SabiGiyuu⛈️

Modern/school au

"Tomioka, it's been four years. You need to let go of him. Even though he's probably the only friend you'll ever have," Shinobu said.

Giyuu couldn't let go of Sabito. He knew he shouldn't consider someone he hasn't talked to in years his friend. Yet, he still did. Sabito still had to remember who he was, right?

Sabito had promised Giyuu that the two would see each oter again. "Don't worry Giyuu! I'll be back in two years!" Sabito had exclaimed while hugging Giyuu.

Back then, Giyuu was certain that he was going to see Sabito again. Giyuu believed in Sabito's promise.

"I can't let go," Giyuu simply replied. He then realized that Shinobu had already gone off somewhere else.

Giyuu sighed. The whole day he spent thinking about what Shinobu said. 

Let go of Sabito? I can't do that. He was the first friend I ever had, Giyuu thought sadly. He missed Sabito every day. He hoped that one day he'd see Sabito again. 

When Giyuu got home, he pulled out a piece of paper. He always wrote a letter to Sabito even though it was never mailed.

Sabito,

It's been a while, hasn't it? How have you been? I really miss you. Do you know when you're coming back to Japan? I want to be able to welcome you at the airport! Or just welcome you in general since I don't know if Tsutako-nee would let me. 

As Giyuu wrote, a happy hopeful letter turned into one of regret. 

Please, come back, I really need you. I never got to say thank you in the time that we had. You helped me out a lot and I feel bad for only realizing this now. I'm sorry for not saying this sooner. I'm sorry for not being able to realize how much I really needed you when you were here. 

Love,

Giyuu

By the time Giyuu finished, he was full out in tears. Why did he have to realize how much Sabito meant to him after he left? Why couldn't he realize sooner? 

It was like that normally for Giyuu now. It'd start out as a happy letter and slowly turn into an apology letter. He used to be hopeful that Sabito was coming back. He only stopped hoping after three years.

He really wanted to mail the letters he wrote. Although, he didn't know Sabito's adress. He didn't even know if Sabito had a phone or not. Even if Sabito did have a phone, Giyuu had no way of knowing what it would be. 

Giyuu sighed. Maybe Shinobu was right. Maybe he should let go of Sabito. 

----------------

This is short because I have another idea I want to write

Word count: 444