O.M 5 : Please Get Out

Buying some candies. Terrence walks home before lunch.
When he returned, he saw the children in the dining area peeling potatoes and drying the washed vegetables.
Terrence smiles.

"You all did a good job. I'll give one piece of candy to all that help in preparing our lunch."

The children all gather up to greet him happily.
He gives one small candy to each of them.
Then he told them to play outside.

"Manager, do you need help?" Sarah asks.

"No. It's fine. You and Anita should rest."

Sarah smiles. Then she paused and looked at those candies in a large bottle.

"You take two for being a good kid."
Terrence thinks that Anita and Sarah are very responsible compared to the children he knows in his original world.

Sarah blushes.
"Thank you manager. I'll give one to Anita."

"No. Take two each of you."
He wants to say it's just candy anyways. But these are not just some candy to these kids. It's not like candy is something necessary. Kids like them won't ask for something like this to others and just be thankful for what was served and given to them no question asked or they will look ungrateful. 

He saw the interest in Sarah's eyes as she ate the candy in her mouth. Then covetedly hides the other candy in her dress pocket.

His heart was clenched a bit.
He thought he is not a very emotional man but with thos pure and innocent children nobody won't be swooned by them.

He even starts asking the reason for a parent to abandon someone as sweet as these children.
He sighs and shakes his head.
Everyone has their own circumstances.
The important thing is he will take care of these children.

To make something for 17 people that won't cost so much but will still be available to sustain the nutritional value the children eat was every mom's task that was so underrated.
Now it was also Terrence's work.
And you need to make this taste good.
Or eating will be a burden to anyone if they eat something bad everyday.

Terrence uses a large knife to cut two large chickens into smaller pieces. First he fried carrots and potatoes lightly. Put them on a metal strainer to remove the excess oil. Then he sauteed garlic and onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper chop thickly for flavor and aroma in a very large pan. Then he put the chicken and mixed them thoroughly. After making sure the flavor is all over the chicken he put some water and put the lid on. Then before the water drained and the chicken stuck to the pan, he mixed the chicken inside and then put the potato and carrots. Also put tomato sauce on. Then mixed it together. Put sugar, mixed. Put water and put the lid on. 
Take the lid out. Mixed salt and pepper and crushed laurel.
Taste. Add some salt again and msg.
Let it boil again. Taste and put the fire off.

He then looked at the time.

He turns around and sees Lucio looking at him. His mouth is pursed together and he is swallowing.

"Hungry?"

Lucio blushes but he doesn't deny it.
Slowly nodding his head.
Behind him is Arwin.
So small you can barely notice him.

"Arwin wants to see what you are cooking." Lucio explained.

"The meal is already cooked. Can you help me call everyone? Wash your hands before going to the living room.

Lucio and Arwin nod their heads and run out.

"Don't r….." he paused and just let it go.

He puts the cooked meal into a different deep pan and puts it on the table. 
He also gets four large plastic bowls to put steamed rice in each. 

Anita and Sarah come to help him prepare the table. Then everyone sat properly waiting for Terrence to start the meal.

"Okay. Let's start with a little prayer. Arwin should lead the prayer." He said.

Arwin blushes. Everyone looks at him.
"I ..don't know how."

"Just be thankful for the meal."
Lucio whispers.

Arwin puts his hands together.
"Thank you for the meal."

Terrence smiles when everyone looks at him.
"Okay. You can eat now."

Nobody is moving. How much to get, they all fear they'll take so much and make it impossible for others to eat.

"Just take enough for you."
He chuckles.

Anita takes the lead and takes rice and some vegetables with chicken in red sauce.

They all follow her.

"Rice doesn't have a particular taste but I can't also say they are tasteless. Anyways, the taste is bland but if you mixed it with other things the taste will be good. Rice will be on most of our meals from now on so It'll be good to get used to it."
Terrence explains. Rice is less expensive after all and it's easy to prepare since they have a large rice cooker.

The children aren't ungrateful and just smile. Afterall eating something is better than not eating.

The children all happily finished all the food prepared and all were happily chatting on how much they are rubbing their belly exaggerating so much. They really didn't eat so much. They are just used to eating too little.

Terrence feels joy and sadness just looking at them.

Lucio and the other 9 and 10 years old volunteer to wash the dishes.

There are more wooden and plastic plates so Terrence agreed. 
"Don't play around while washing dishes and injuring yourself okay? The children that won't be helping, go outside and play."

They all reply cheerfully.

"Manager, there is someone outside."
Anita said.

"Okay. Can you supervise them?"

"Yes Manager."

Terrence walks to the reception area.

There is a woman looking around. Her clothes look high quality and her demeanor is a bit mean.

"Good afternoon." He smiles

"Good afternoon. I'm Isabela Purvee and I'm here to adopt."

"I see. I'm the manager of the Sunshine orphanage and we just started 3 months ago. So this is my first time to do this. I hope I'm not very clumsy. Please sit down."

"No need."

"No need?"
Terrence will be needing her to sign some papers before she will be able to meet the children. Then they need to make sure she and her partner will be good parents for the children and watch them and find out about their character as a person before the adoption will be finalized.
This 'no need' comment is a bit rude on his part but maybe she too isn't aware of it so he smiles.

"No Ma'am Purvee, I will be needing you to sign something first after that we will give you a date so you can meet the children."

"Just give me a 7 years old boy. No need to do it formally cause I won't be adopting him.as im adopt."

"Oh you mean you want to foster a child."

"Yes."

"I see." Terrence walks to his desk and gets a sheet of paper. "You still need to fill this up Ma'am then I'll set up a date where you can meet the children"

She rolls her eyes. Reach to her purse and give him money.
"This is just a greeting money. Once I find a child I like, I'll give you more."

Sarah is actually hiding near the door, eavesdropping. 
All the children saw her and all became curious. They are all eavesdropping now.

They all felt something is wrong with this woman that doesn't look like she belongs in this kind of place but they thought she would just donate.

"Please get out." Terrence smiles.

"Excuse me?" The woman flares out.

A/N:

Pfftt hahhaa