O.M 7 : Greatest Desire in Human Heart

Terrence is watching vlogs in taking care of the plants.

He already planned to make a vlog for the orphanage. Like Mrs. Purvee said donations were needed to continue to support the orphanage. Thanks to the government support they already help them with electric and water bills.
So that's not part of his worries.

Terrence is sitting in the office.
He is planning about the vlogs content. The children's faces can't be included in the video of course. He still hopes these children will be adopted and have their own family in the future and exposing them to social media might give them unnecessary problems in the future.

He is also planning to teach the children how to read and write. In the novel, Terrence hires a strict teacher to teach the children how to read and write to increase the children's price in the market.

Right now he can't hire a proper teacher. School materials are already hard to supply.
He wonders if he can solicit from the nearby stores. But their orphanage isn't that long since built.

Terrence knows there are many things he should do. With little money he has. Even he is tempted to go and gamble.

"Wait."
Terrence remembers in the novel, Terrence is a real gambler. He immediately snatched his phone and looked at the date.
"Ha..Haha. The Lord hasn't abandoned these children yet."

Terrence went to the girl's sleeping area.
"Anita, wake up."

"Manager?"

"I'll go out for a while. Close the door and don't let anyone out. If someone tries to break in, call the cops. Do you know who to call?"

"Y..yes Manager. Are you going for a couple of hours?"

"Maybe. If I'm not back then when it's already dark. Can you cook rice in the rice cooker? I'll just buy us dinner to go with it."

"Okay Manager. You take care on your way out." Anita said.

"You can turn on the television when the children get bored. Tell them they aren't allowed outside, in the kitchen and in my office. Also don't disturb the babies."

"Yes manager."

Terrence walks out his way to go to a horse race betting arena.
Terrence looks at the time and looks at the name of the horse participants.
Terrence grins.
He remembers the original Terrence was so angry when he lost a lot of money to a funny naming horse.

Terrence went to the teller and told her his bet.
The teller had seen a lot of rich young masters betting on the horses with larger amounts but the horse he bet on is not the one in favor of winning. The teller shakes his head.
'Rich people ah.'

Terrence walks to the seats to watch the match when someone walks to his side.

"Sir, don't think I'm a suspicious person. I just heard you betting on that funny horse and think you made a wrong choice. Is this your first time here?"

Terrence thinks anyone that says they aren't suspicious are all suspicious. But he smiles and nods.
"It's my first time."

"Aiyaah." The middle aged man sighs and pats his shoulder.
"I'm Michael. I always bet here. If you want next time I'll tell you which one is in favor of winning."

"Oh?"

"I'm a regular here. I can chat with the people working in this arena." He moves closer. "I even got tipped when they tried rigging the game."

His lips curved.
Terrence also was approached by this man but Terrence became disgusted with this man's dirty attire and asked him to scram.
The man isn't wealthy but he had a lot of friends so when they saw him losing money they laughed at him and belittled him. Thanks to Terrence's stubbornness, he becomes addicted to horse race betting but even though he also listens to which one is in favor of winning, he never wins once. He thought every fight was rigged to anger him to death.

"Why would you help me?"
He asks

The man rubs his palms.
"Well boss. It's not like I'm faking. If you become happy,won't you tip me later? It's just a mutual benefit."

"Oh.. but I think I'll win."

"That..."
The middle aged man scratches his head.

"No..Isn't there two games every week ? I will win all the games for a month. Do you believe me?"

The old man's eyes widened.
He got closer.
"Did you hear if they'll rig the game?"

Terrence laughs.
"Don't say nonsense."

The middle aged man looks at him weirdly then shakes his head.
Delusional people like this are hard to understand. He left looking for another young master instead.

Terrence watches the horse racing with interest.
But soon the climax is nearing and the people are on the edge of their seats except for him. The horse he bet on isn't even in the top 3 but he was chilling as if all the money in his account wasn't taken out to buy the ticket.
And then an accident happened and the top 2 horses got in an accident. The top 3 horses become distracted and then the one he bet on jumps over them and arrogantly claims the first place.

He slowly stood up and went to the teller.
The middle aged man recognized him and ran after him.

"Congratulations boss." He whispers.

He smiles and gives him $100.
The man is shocked by it.

"Boss this is...I didn't do anything."

"I'll come again next time. If I win again, I will convince you. You help me and I will give you a good kickback."

"You...I don't need to believe, boss. Next time just tell me what you want, Javier will be there on your beck and call."

He chuckles.
"Just watch I guess."

Javier leans to him after thinking.
"Boss, go straight home. Many people are watching here. Some will have malicious intentions. You earn a lot of money. I'm sure they are already planning to....you know. If you want. I can ask my friends to crowd you out so they won't be able to come close to you and act rogue."

"Okay." He gives him $400.
"Is this enough?"

"Enough. Enough!" Javier happily walks back and whispers. Many people soon crowd Terrence. The chattering is loud. But Terrence is smiling. Javier nods at Terrence and they walk out.

Soon they are far from the betting arena.

Terrence already called a tricycle to send him to the bank. It's still safer to go to the bank instead of holding on to the money.
Terrence said his farewell and then after a while he also went out of the bank.
He feels the weight on his chest was now lifted a bit.
His 400 thousand is now 1.2Million.
It was easy money but it's also easy to attract people with bad intentions. With Javier's help though it's simple it really works. But he is a manager of an orphanage. If he continues on this road, he doesn't know what evil things he will bring to the children. That's not what he wanted to happen so he needs Javier's help.

But he at least needs to win twice or thrice to let Javier mind thinking of him as a powerful person. If he conditions Javier that he is someone that won't lose. It will take him a second before he chooses to betray him. After all, money is one of the greatest desires in the human heart.

A/N:

I'm hungry but I'm too lazy to eat hahhaha