Part Three

Warning: death and talk about drugs and overdose

Callie P.O.V

Camille and I made our way back home after grabbing tacos.

"So, was that Luke I saw back at the bar?" she asked me as she handed me my taco and a drink.

"Yes, it was Luke. He's a Marine now, with Frankie. He looks better now too."

"Yeah, he looks good." We both lent back in our chairs on the balcony as I watched the waves crash to shore. I silently chewed on my taco as I thought over tonight's events. I hadn't ever planned on seeing Luke again. But here I was thinking about him like we hadn't both gotten sober. Like our pasts had never gotten as bad as they were. "You should reach out to him, if he's sober, try to reconnect. You guys had a great friendship once, see if that's still there." Camille had her eyes closed as she spoke. I hummed in agreeance and looked back out at the waves. "I get it, you don't want to talk about him."

"Don't want to talk about him? Everything went to shit when I knew him. And then to top it all off I had to go and fucking fall in love with him." she looked at me sideways before she turned fully towards me. "The whole time I was with Johno all I wanted was to be with Luke. Doing drugs together was euphoric, I felt a high around him I had never felt before. Tonight, when I was having the panic attack, he brought me out of it. But I could see the fear in his eyes. He remembered when he found me passed out in Johno's bathroom. Johno nowhere to be found, he stayed with me that night, then he just disappeared. I haven't spoken to him or seen him for two years Cami, I can't do it again. I'm scared I'm going to relapse. I can't go back there." My hands started to shake, she reached over to take them in her own shaking ones.

"You will get through this. We will get through this, together. We are all we have in this world now. I'm not going to let you go back there, I won't let you go near Johno again and I won't push you to go anywhere near Luke if you don't want to." I nodded at her as she squeezed my hands gently. "Do you want to watch movies?"

"No, I think I'm going to get some sleep, I'm exhausted after my panic attack. Raincheck?" She nodded, and I got up from my seat and took my rubbish with me.

I made it into bed with thoughts swimming through my mind, even though I was exhausted my mind wouldn't shut off. I had been out for less than 24 hours and already my life felt like it was going off the deep end. The most terrifying thought I had was what was Johno going to do once he found out I was out now? I couldn't go back down the path that led me to rehab, I was clean and sober now. And it terrified me that all of that could change in an instant if I let my guard down.

The next morning I woke up to Camille knocking on my bedroom door before she popped her head in.

"You have a visitor." She sang quietly. "Its Frankie."

I groaned but got out of bed, I didn't bother changing and walked out to see Frankie in the living room.

"My parents are throwing me a going away party. Do you think you could make it?" I threw my arms around his neck and pressed my body against his.

"Of course I'll be there, how could I say no to my best friend?" he pulled me in tighter.

"You get to finally meet Riley, oh this is going to be so good. But I got to go I'll see you later?" I nodded to him and walked him back out to his car. I really need to get myself a new phone.

Camille had made us breakfast and we sat in silence for a little while.

"Cami, do you think we could get me a new phone today, my old one broke while I was gone and I don't want everyone to have to come here to talk to me."