Part Seven

Callie P.O.V

As Frankie dragged me with Riley towards the busses and his family, I caught sight of Luke and Cassie, they held hands as they walked through the throng of Marines and their partners who were there to say goodbye. I stood to the side as Riley said goodbye to Frankie and let them have their moment, I tried my hardest not to look at Luke and Cassie but I found my eyes drifting over to them, Luke was bent over his bag pulling out a slip of paper before handing it to Cassie and speaking in a low tone so no one else would hear. I looked away when Luke leaned into Cassie, my heart couldn't take this and I felt a tear slip down my cheek. Frankie pulled me into his body and clung to me as I felt myself cry.

"It's all going to be alright, we'll both come home and you can tell him then." I squeezed him once again and I nodded into his shoulder, I knew things would work out eventually, and more than likely I would get over Luke while he was away. I was hoping this time it would work. He was married now I couldn't keep harbouring feeling for a married man.

"One more time for the newly weds!" I heard Brandon yell out the window of the bus. He and Armando walked out of the bus and picked up Cassie. Frankie bent down to pick up her bag that she had dropped.

Everyone was chanting 'kiss' and I had to look away. Riley grasped my arm tightly as we both shed tears. Both for different reasons. Frankie blew both of us a kiss before he stepped onto the bus. My eyes found Luke again this time he was already looking at me, I held his gaze for a moment longer before looking away watching Frankie sit down in front of Luke. I followed Riley over to Cassie as she wrapped her arm around Cassie's bicep. I stood back and let them have a moment, there was no reason I should have even been there, but Frankie had insisted.

"This doesn't even feel real." Riley said. I nodded along with her as I wrapped my arms around myself.

All my days started blurring into one. Cassie called me once a day but I never answered, Camille kept trying to get me out of the house but I wouldn't budge. Nothing was helping me not even staring out into the waves that crashed against the sand.
I typed in the number continuously since Luke left, just wanting to feel some sense of normalcy but each time I've pushed past that feeling of needing something else and going on a run instead.
When Camille came home to tell me that Cassie had released a song I actually called her up to congratulate her. She and I ended up going out that night to celebrate and it felt like nothing could go wrong. Her song played through the speakers and I felt my tears roll down my cheeks as I thought of Luke, the reason she wrote this song.  Listening to 'come back home' and a few more drinks later I had lost Cassie and Nora and found myself outside with my phone held against my ear, the cracked out voice on the other end letting me know who I had called. My fingers twitched and I watched as a blue truck stopped in front of me, without another thought I jumped in the passenger seat and didn't look back.

The next couple of days had been a blur to me, I couldn't move my body and I stayed firmly in bed while I felt the whole world spinning. I could feel my phone vibrating against my bed and reached out blindly for it, without checking the caller ID I answered.

"Where the fuck have you been?! I've been so worried about you!" I heard Cassie yelling into the phone at me.
"Uh I'm in bed i must have gotten drugged last night at the club."
"Cal, that was a month ago. Where have you been. I got a phone call that night and when I came back to look for you I saw you getting into a blue truck. Are you alright? You're not hurt are you? Oh please don't be hurt I can't do this with you too." I sat up when she said it had been a month since I saw her and when she mentioned the blue truck I nearly felt myself throw up. There is no way. I looked around at my surroundings, everything familiar but not where I was supposed to be, not where I needed to be. I started to hyperventilate when Johno came out of nowhere. I dropped my phone but I could hear Cassie on the other side still.
"Callie, Luke's been injured. Calliope. Are you still there? Please Cal I really need you right now." Johno came towards me holding a needle in one hand and his other outstretched towards me.
"Everything's okay Callie, you came to me." I shrunk away from him but he lunged and was able to push the needle into my arm. I could faintly hear Cassie coming from my phone as my body relaxed. I watched as Johno picked up my phone and held it to his ear.
"She's fine! Don't call again!" He hung up and switched it off.

Luke's P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch in Cassie's house when she finally got through to Callie, my ears perked up when I heard her having a conversation, before her frantic calls to Callie started coming from her mouth.
"...I saw you getting into a blue truck. Are you alright? You're not hurt are you? Oh please don't be hurt I can't do this with you too." My blood ran cold. There is no way in hell she would have willingly gotten into his truck. I balled my fists up at my sides, I hated feeling helpless and there was nothing I could do.
There was nothing Cassie and I could do I didn't know where Johno would have been keeping her or even if he was still where I last saw him, I had tried calling him even trying to stagger my way over to the apartment I saw him in last. But I didn't want Cassie to get suspicious. At least not anymore suspicious than she already was. She didn't need to know about him and I would find my own way to get her back. I didn't even know if she knew about Frankie. That's not something she would be able to deal with if he's been drugging her.
For the next couple of months I pushed myself harder in physical therapy. I needed to be strong, I needed to get there and I needed to save her. I watch as Cassie became more and more concerned, both with me and with her friend, she tried to call her everyday but got nowhere, her phone was shut off and there was no way of tracing her. Cassie had released a few more songs and I knew that being on stage helped her deal with the fact that her friend was nowhere to be found. I felt guilty that I knew who she was with but I couldn't tell Cassie, she couldn't get caught up in all of this.

Late one night Cassie got a phone call from Camille, Callie's sister. Her house had been broken into and Cassie and I rushed over there to make sure it was safe for her to go inside. Once there I was sure I heard footsteps in the room I knew was Callie's, but once I got in there and waved my gun around I didn't see anyone.
Cassie stood just outside with an arm wrapped around Camille's shoulders holding her tight, she had no idea where her sister was and then her house was broken into, this couldn't go on. I knew who broke in and I knew I couldn't say anything to either female there.
"I'm going to stay with Cami tonight, make sure she's okay, if Callie calls you please call me." I nodded at her and got back into the cab to go back to Cassie's apartment