26. twenty questions.

T W E N T Y - S I X
twenty questions.

Once again Otto and JJ got into the rhythm they had, Otto lightly bullied JJ and he'd make a light-hearted sarcastic comment. It was a two-way street, turns out Otto rolled a mean blunt, and JJ was an excellent hammock pusher.

It was a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' type of thing.

She still hung out with her dad as much as he allowed her to, if he decided she was spending too much time with him and not enough time with her friend's he'd kick her out. But every second she wasn't hanging out with him she was at JJ's.

The granny flat was still under construction, it got delayed a few times due to things Otto didn't care to know.

Otto drove over to the Chateau, Kie and JJ were laughing about something that happened during the gold hunt. Since the letter came they'd begun to open up a little more about what happened that summer. Otto got a little more insight of the absolute insanity.

She sat in the hammock, not laying down like normal because she wanted to see their faces, JJ still pushed her and she still thoroughly enjoyed it.

JJ noticed she kept glancing at her phone, "You got somewhere to be?" He asked.

"I do actually. I've got an ultrasound, to make sure it's not grown another head or anything like that."

"That's possible?" JJ asked a little horrified at the thought, Kie and Otto rolled their eyes.

"I mean, I guess it's possible. I saw this documentary on these conjoined twins, but the baby won't have grown another head."

He looked a little relieved, "Does an ultrasound hurt?"

"You're so clueless. You can come if you want? See the baby and shit." She shrugged, she probably should've offered a little before the day of the appointment but she was pretty sure he wouldn't want to.

"Sure. I don't really understand it though."

Once it was time they made their way over to the clinic, JJ kept pestering her with questions every single other being on the planet knew the answers to.

He really was special.

Otto had gotten a new doctor, she couldn't deal with the other one. She was still mad about the whole thing.

The new doctor was lovely, probably about the same age but had a gorgeous smile and kind eyes. Her long braids had gold beads spread through them, they made her look slightly ethereal.

The last doctor looked like she was pulled straight out of an Amish documentary.

When Otto laid down for the ultrasound JJ's face must've had a confused expression in his face, "First time?" She asked in a way that wasn't judgemental.

"How can you see the baby?" He asked pointing to the device.

The doctor pressed it against Otto's stomach and the screen lit up, "That's how."

He looked at it with slight amazement, "That's kind of creepy." He mumbled under his breath, Otto heard and couldn't help a snort.

She pushed it around for a few minutes checking everything was in order before she was done. "Would you like to know the gender?" She asked looking between the expectant parents.

"Yes."

"No."

Otto glared at JJ, "I mean no. I meant to say no. It just came out wrong." He retracted.