[1 - Arbiter: The Empress III]

??? pov...

"Now what am I to do? Thou hast not seen the world yet. If you intend to speak, hold thy tongue. For the words of thee carry no weight. No value, through thy action."

"You are meaningless. Useless. Garbage. You should rot away, and let the world forget you and your sins."

To myself, I repeat these words. Over and over again. The words of a mentor. As harsh, unforgiving, and critical as they are, I use them to keep myself going through these troubling times. 

Humanity thinks the war to be over, while we prepare for a counter-attack with viciousness and brutality not witnessed before by humanity. Azur Lane, just recently divided and reformed, thinks themselves to be safe. They are not. Humanity believes themselves to be victorious. Just a lie they tell themselves.

We are coming for them. They may not yet know, hell, we may not yet completely know. What we do know is, they will not stop us, and we will heed none of their threats, warnings, and eventually, begging for mercy.

As I stood thinking, a figure walked in behind me.

"Arbiter?"

I turned my head slightly, realizing who it is.

"Yes?"

She smiles, her thin dress dragging against the floor as she takes a few steps forward.

"What are you doing?"

I feel her rest her hand on my shoulder after speaking.

"Pondering."

A thought that I had thought about for a while. Why give me my name?

"On what, exactly?"

As she finishes asking the question, I turn to her and she stands straight, in front of me.

"Why create an enforcer and then name it Arbiter?"

"Ah, you still wonder about your name?"

"Affirmative, empress." 

"What better of a name for my right hand enforcer than Arbiter?"

"Enough of this, I assume you came to ask something of me?"

I've never known Arbiter: The Empress III to be someone who shows up just to "chat" with me. So I know that she wants something of me. As her only enforcer currently, I must do what she says until I am told otherwise. 

"Would you please visit Observer Alpha? She's already expecting you."

"You ask as if saying no is an option?"

"It isn't, they're called manners. You should learn some."

"Is it only Alpha?"

"No, Purifier is waiting as well. So you better hurry."

"Fine, I will be off, Empress."