ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24: ᴍʏ Qᴜɪʀᴋ ɪꜱ ᴍᴀʟꜰᴜɴᴄᴛɪᴏɴɪɴɢ

I don't own Boku no Hero academia/My Hero academia. I do however own a porcelain cat. ⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎⬧︎

I blinked my eyes a few times hoping I was just seeing things. But nothing changed. My hand still looked the same. There right in the middle of my palm was a scab.

"No, no, no. What is happening?" I panicked.

You might think a scab is not a big deal but for me it is.

'This doesn't make any sense at all! There should not be anything left from that wound. My quirk should have healed it. There should not even be a scar. Shōta said it was just a small wound. Small wounds should not take more than a minute to disappear completely unless I overuse my quirk. I am no way near my limit. This is bad. This is seriously bad. My quirk heals things like this in no time yet there is a scab where the wound should be.' My thoughts were running wild.

I realised that I had not turned off the water and quickly grabbed the handle of the water tap, but I was unable to turn it off. My hand started to hurt when I tried to grab the handle with my injured hand.

Another red flag. An Injury like that should not hurt with a quirk like mine

Using my non-injured hand I turned off the water. Looking up I was met with the sight of my reflection. The little mirror above the sink perfectly displayed my frightened face.

I just stared at myself not knowing what to do.

"Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. My quirk is acting strange. Something is wrong with my quirk. My quirk is malfunctioning." I whispered.

There was no other possibility. My quirk had never acted this way before.

My reflection looked even more terrified now. The fear in my eyes was so painfully obvious. I cannot recall the last time I looked like this. It was like my eyes were shining with fear. They almost seemed red.

Wait.

Red?

"Oh no, not now. Things are already bad. I don't need more bullshit to deal with." I whispered in frustration.

Those red eyes belong to one person and one person only.

Shigaraki Tomura.

"Go away Shigaraki. You're not real. You can't be here." I said trying to reason with myself.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. There was no way this was real I was probably just too stressed and as result, I started to imagine things. That must be it.

I opened my eyes again and sure enough, I was looking at my own reflection. Not Shigarki's reflection. I sigh escaped my lips and I shook my head again trying to get rid of the unsettling feeling forming in my stomach.

'Calm down (y/n). You are overreacting. Deep breaths, deep breaths.' I thought Trying to regain some decency.

I decided it was probably best if I left the bathroom and found I place to lay down. So I opened the door and walked out of the bathroom only to be met with the sight of a petrified Present Mic. He looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Wow, what happened to you?" I asked.

"Bugs"

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that."

"Bug. So many bugs." Present Mic said with disgust.

"Ah. Oh." That was all I could respond with.

"They were all over me. They were everywhere." Present Mic continued.