fₒᵤᵣ

iv

iv.             don't hang up

 Juniper woke when she heard it. The phone ring. She slowly got out of Finney's warm grasp from under her. His body slowly lifting up & down, as he continued to lightly snore, clearly in a deep sleep. He looked so peaceful laying on the bed without any worry in the world, for now.

The waited for another ring, to see if she actually had heard it or she was starting to lose her brain. It came to a shock when it did. She walked to the phone case and picked up the rusted up, black phone.

She heard static droning through the line.
"Hello?", turning her back to the wall, facing the door.

" i need help" , the girl begged whoever was listening to her. she could only hope it wasn't the grabber hearing her cries for help.

"Juniper",  the girl grasped the phone out of her hands and slammed it back into the case. She jumped backwards as she began to panic. Her back reached the wall. She was now across the room from the phone.

" it wasn't real. You're going crazy. Its not real.", the girl repeated in mutters to herself.

The phone rang, but she stayed put. It continously rang, but the girl was too scared to move. She slowly hopped off the wall she was once leaned on, and tugged towards the phone. When she got to it, she raised it slightly to hang it back up, as she ran back to the wall.

ignore it, she ran through her brain.

Finney's body began to get up. he had heard it too. she wasn't going crazy.  He looked tired , sick & worried. The phone began to ring continuously. He stared at the girl waiting to see if she'd do anything.

The girl walked to the case, once again. Picking it up slowly, the girl's heart began to pound loudly in her chest.

 " don't hang up", a voice behind the line aggressively spoke

" I won't", the girls voice shook. 

" Who is this?", she asked

" I don't remember my name. It's the first thing you lose"
"First thing you lose when?"

" you know when", the voice grows deep & knowingly. His voice was familiar, but it all sounded groggy behind the phone

" how do you know my name?"

" We met hung out occasionally. You came to my games. I remember hearing your chants from the stands. ", the voice laughed quietly behind the phone .

" Bruce?", the girl put her hand over her mouth.

"Y-Yeah. Uh, my name is Bruce.", the girl could feel his smile over the line.

" Why are you calling me?", she deciphered a question

" I'm glad it's you"

The Yamada's boy didn't say anything for a while, before he spoke to the confused girl.

"Juniper?"
"Yeah?"

"There's a dirt section on the floor in the hallway where the tile is loose"
"Okay"
"Dig down underneath the foundation. I tried, but there wasn't enough time for me to dig up and out the other side", the boy instructed.

" Will I have enough time?", static droned in the girl's ear before hearing the phone click, and the static stopped.

" Hello? Yamada?", shit. the girl yelled in her brain

The girl walked down the small hallway, and ran her finger between each tile crack in the flooring.

A blue tile. It was loose. A small rip turned into a bigger one until it was enough. Finney came from behind the girl & began to help her.

He knelt down & began to dig as she continued to rip off the tiles.

" What'd he say Juniper?", Finney asked as he stared at the girl.

" He didn't have enough time Finney. He didn't-",

Juniper's voice cracked. The hot sensation in her throat began to tingle, as she forced herself to not cry. 

" Hey. Hey.", Finney sat by the saddened girl.
" It's okay", he held tightly . He placed our foreheads together & smiled
"We're gonna get out . Okay? Get out for Bruce , for Griffin."

" Okay", he smiled as he wiped some tears off the girls.

" C'mon, let's do this".

WELL ALL THE STARS WOULD SHINE A BLOODY RED

authors corner 🦢
people from my school are finding

this account..

plus, my aunt is sending this story

to my cousin, im deddd.