ₛₑᵥₑₙ

vii

vii.                   Taylor & Melanie

THE door clanged open loudly as Finney & Juniper set their ground down, sitting on the bed. The man held a tray in his hands, with the same bottle peering as the last meal. He walked into the room slyly, as he slowly looked between the pair, eyeing them both down, with a smirk hiding behind the mask.

"we're starving"

" tell me your names."

" why do you care?"

" I usually don't. I find out eventually in the paper. They always print out a nice, big photo. With all the details I could ever want. All the things you kids lie about.", The grabbers voice began to deepen after every sentence he spoke.

" what's different this time?"

" Oh.", his voice quivered
" Everything is complicated, nothing is going right", The man glared at the boy.

" you could let us go.", Finney persuaded as he looked over to Juniper.

" oh, I'm thinking about it", the man hinted with a bit of sarcasm, which the kids didn't catch up on.

" You can blindfold us and drop Melanie and I off on the street.", He continued as he lied about the girls name. He looked over to her, to see if she was going about with his dangerous lie.

" well tell me your name then.", The grabber challenged, as he smirked to the boy.

" Taylor. Taylor Mullen"

The man didn't reply, because he had thrown the tray he once had in his hands, aggressively towards the ground. He scooped out a thick newspaper out of his arm, as he threw it. The girl knew he was frowning behind that stupid mask. Juniper took the yellow elastic off, that was keeping the pages closed, before turning to the first few pages.

'CHIVER SUBURB ROCKED AS MORE CHILDREN GO MISSING'

The title read. And on the corner side of the page, had a picture of Finney & Juniper smiling. All of the details about them both and what they looked like.

" I was really starting to like you, finney", the man's voice croaked, as the girl felt her heart plummet.  Kicking the tray below him, scattering more food across the room, before walking out, " I almost let you kids go", he closed the door while shrugging his shoulders. 

Finney & Juniper looked over at each other, noticing that the door was purposely left unlocked. Finney's voice trembled as he threw the newspaper out of her hands. He stomped towards the door & held the handle loosely, before the phone began to ring. He picked it up, hearing nothing over the line. The phone clicked as he hung it back up. Juniper walked over to the plate that was kicked. She collected all the little pieces of scrambled eggs & added them back on the plastic plate before shoving some into her mouth. Tired & hungry, Finney did the same. He smiled at the girl as he ate, energy filling their bodies.

"we tried", the girl shrugged, as he laughed it off.

I'M HEARING VOICES ALL THE TIME IN MY MIND

authors corner

nighty, night.

readers, please take care of yourself. It's never too late

to take some time off to relax! My messages are always open

for anybody. Do NOT HESITATE. I will listen. 

Bye!