ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

ix

ix.                storm calmed the tide

" Sun of a bitch." The boy cursed under his breath, before seeing the girl finally wake from the hit the man had gave her.

Juni's head throbbed and her cheek felt swollen. She was already sick enough, as her throat ached. The girl quietly and muffled her cries with the mattress below her.
" Juniper?"

" Juniper?", the boy tugged the girls shirt to find a bloody, tear stained, and numb face.

" Fucking bastard", he said rubbing the blood off her nose.
" does it hurt?"

" not really." Juni lied.
The phone began to ring as Finney stayed to glare at it. He didn't move as his body tensed up, staying glued to the bed, next to the girl.

" No. Fuck you"
The ringing continued as he stood up to grab it
"Goddamn it."

Static droned over the phone as Finney began to spit with anger.
" What?"

" You gonna say something?", he stared at the wall as he pinched the cell with his left hand. Finney turned to face Juni, as she calmed her cries.

" You know, your sister got hurt because of you? Do you even know who you are?", he spat

" what the shit kind of question is that?", a harsh voice spat back through the line.

" do you even know who you are?"

" I'm Finney Blake."

"Yeah? Well, nice to fucking meet you, Finney Blake."

"Right Here. This is it."

"This is what?"

" The horrifying nightmare end of your pathetic little lives"

" Holy shit. You're Vance Hopper. I remember you. You used to scare me." The boys eye widened.

" Trust me Finney Blake. If you knew what you had coming, you'd be fucking terrified"

"TODAY'S THE DAY, MOTHERFUCKER."

" Have you tried stacking the carpets to reach the window?"

" I've tried everything"

"no, not everything"