ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

viii

viii.                      listen before I go

Finney's head stood up in the dark room, as the boy sat up abruptly facing the half awake girl.
" Do you hear that?", he had asked the girl as he now faced the broken telephone.

" yeah", she stood up mumbling.

He reached in his jean pocket, taking his rocket toy, and traced it around the yellow worn out walls, with the small flash on the bottom of the rocket.

Both teens heard little droplets hitting harshly on the ground. Though as if a pipe were to be broken, leaking water through the roof, as it rained outside.
Juniper's eyes began to take back of a figure near the door. " Finney?"

" Yeah?"

" What is that?", he followed to where the girl pointed her finger to. He slowly shined the light towards the figure, when her soul plummeted to the ground.
She wanted to yell. Yell so hard, where she couldn't hear it anymore, feel anything anymore.
Finney held her back in his arms as he covered the girls screams with his hand. He did not let go, as they both continued to stare at the floating body in the room. It spun slowly, revealing an open cut through the boy's neck.
Cuts on his arms, and scratches on the boy's thigh, bruises reaching his calf.

Juniper began to feel it difficult to breath. Her nose clogged and mouth unable to inhale. She struggled to ask for help.

" Hey. Hey. Its okay", Finney hugged her as she screamed into his chest.

" he's dead finney. he's de-" She instituted that her breaths were hard to catch in. The girl was having trouble breathing.

" Juniper?"

" Juniper listen to me", Finney encouraged as he laid her back down on the bed.

Everything he wore the last day he was alive. His grey shirt, favorite pair of shorts, his high socks. He was gone. He was gone. He's not coming back. His faded smile.

" Juniper. Breathe. Please Breathe"

Finney hovered over Juniper blocking the view of her dead brother.
" You can do it. Breathe."

Slowly , her breath began to reach her lungs. Her eyes watering slowly, from the ridge of her lids.
" Breathe.", he smiled at the girl.

Finney looked back over to where her brother hovered in the air, his own blood splatting on the ground. The dead boy raised his hand in the air, pointing his finger to the corner of the room. Finney walked over to case as he rose up the phone to his left ear.