Chapter 31

play the song if you want, but it makes it better :)

When I was a younger, and my family and I would go to the beach, my father would always mess up my tan by writing words on my leg

When I was a younger, and my family and I would go to the beach, my father would always mess up my tan by writing words on my leg. Sometimes it's weird to be living independently because me and family were always together, but I still update them on my life when I can.

"ANNIE PUT DOWN THAT DAMN BOOK AND GET IN THE WATER" Julie yells from what I'm assuming is the ocean

I lift my head to see them all in the water, "I'M GOOD" I yell back, turning around to get some sun on my back.

I know what wrong timing can cause when it comes to the sun, my family bullied me for a week when I ignored my mom telling me to turn over, I had a blotchy tan for a whole week.

I feel a rough slap on my ass and turn to yell at Halston, only to find Three stereotypical college guys hovering over me.

I process what just happened and immediately get up "What the fuck" I say crossing my arms on my chest.

"You have a nice ass" The bitch in front says, smirking like a fucking idiot.

"Hey, what's going on" Halston says with Lio and Ares at either side of him, even with those perverts having a strong build, they don't even come close to our boys. Scar and Julie come to stand next to me.

"Nothing man, I was just telling her how pretty she was, right?" He says looking nervous

"He slapped my fucking ass" Is all I have to say before the guy's being held by the back of his neck, very close to my boyfriend's face.

"You're first mistake was thinking it was okay to slap any girl on her ass without any form of consent, the second mistake was slapping my girl's ass" He says in that cold tone that sends shivers to anyone that hears it, before punching him on the jaw.

"H-hey man calm down alright, she was asking for it with that slutty bikini she has on" his friend stutters out.

I don't have time to think before Ares has him on the ground "Little, Dick, Bitch" He gives a punch for each word "I wanna punch someone for Bunny too" Lio says like a child.

"See what you caused, bitch" The third guy says and like the fucking flash, Lio's beating his ass.

"Kick his ass baby" Julie yells

"Teach his disrespectful ass a lesson" Scar yells looking ready to join in too.

All the while I just stand there, because I don't really know If I should let this happen or stop it because I don't want them going to jail for whatever crime this could be. "I think we should stop them" I say in a confused voice

"Ehh, it's quite entertaining" Julie says smiling at the scene in front of her, my crazy girl.

"I think you're right, but how" Scar says

"Act like you broke a bone" I say and that's what we do

Scarlett falls down on the sand with a hand on her forehead and starts screaming "OW OW OWW, I THINK I BROKE IT I FEEL LIKE IM DYING"

She loves acting out scenes from Grey's Anatomy, so this is nothing to her.

"SCARLETT ARE YOU OKAY" Halston says already coming over here

"HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP" Lio says waving around his fingers

"WHERE'S THE LAST PLACE WE HAD SE-"

"IM OKAY IM OKAY" She says immediately getting up to close Ares mouth, and good thing because TMI.

"Are they gonna live?" I say

"Unfortunately, they'll be able to order an Uber" Lio says rolling his eyes

"So, we can go?" Julie says already walking

"Yup, how about a burger?" Halston says coming over to me and putting an arm around me, leaving a kiss on my head

"Or ice-cream" Scar suggest but we all say burger and make our way to the car.

**

3 hours later

We're at the cove house and we're all watching a movie that Ares picked out.

"LET IT GO, LET IT GOOOO YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME CRYYYY" Ares sings, very loudly, jumping on the couches with a blanket on his back.

"Sing it baby" Scar shouts waving her hands in the air while we record, that's going on my insta.

"C'MON LIO, JOIN ME" He says holding out his hand for him and of course Lio takes it dragging along Halston

"MY POWER FLURRIES THROUGH THE AIR INTO THE GROUND" Lio sings getting really into the persona

"MY SOUL IS SPIRALING IN FROZEN FRACTALS ALL AROUNDDD" Halston sings spinning around on the table they're standing on

"I'll be right back" I say getting up laughing

I head upstairs to my bathroom, I need to put my hair up because it's frizzy and in my dang face.

I barley hear someone coming into the room and walking in my bathroom till I see Halston standing at the doorway of the bathroom.

"Hey" he says coming to stand behind me with his hands low on my hips

"Hey" I say looking at him through the mirror

"How are you feeling, about what happened" he says running his hands up and down my sides

"I'm good, he just slapped my ass. Other people have it worse" I say looking down at my hands

"You shouldn't invalidate your feelings baby" he says turning me around to face him

"Well it doesn't really matter, you guys smashed their faces" I say playing with his shirt

He grabs my chin to lift my eyes to his "Annie I would kill for you, maybe that sounds bad, but you do that to me, it's like I'm Alfredo and the love I have for you is remy" He says with that smile I love so much.

"The rat?" I say laughing softly

"Yes the rat, because the love I have for you controls me, it's the thing behind my motives babe. I'd be lost and alone without you" He says  squishing my cheeks making me laugh even harder.

We stop laughing and I stay still admiring him in silence, guess I'm quite good at that.

"Anastasia Sinclair, You are so beautiful" He says tucking a stand of hair behind my ear, making me a blushing mess

"You're quite dashing yourself" I say putting my arms around his waist and laying my head on his chest while he puts his arms around my neck,

He makes me feel safe, I think I've said that before, but he does and I'm glad to have a Halston in my life, not just as a lover, but as a best friend.

We stay like that for a while before heading back downstairs to our friends.