27. i got a text!

T W E N T Y - S E V E N
i got a text!

Otto officially loathed being pregnant. She never really liked it, she felt like shit at the beginning, and then she was annoyed that she couldn't drink and now she felt like shit again, and her back hurt.

As Otto picked up JJ from the Chateau - the Twinkie broke down - he seemed like he was in a good mood.

"Aren't you chirpy." She grumbled, running low on sleep, another reason she hated being pregnant. And she needed to pee. All. The. Fucking. Time.

He shut the door and looked over at Otto, "You all good?"

She glanced over at him, giving him a glare, "I'm miserable. I hate being pregnant, it's overrated."

The next words that came out of JJ's mouth were monumentally stupid.

"You've only got a few months left."

Otto slammed the breaks on, the roads were always desolate so there was no way it would cause an accident.

His words were meant to be encouraging, but the look on Otto's face was anything but encouraged. He really wasn't good at words.

"How would like it if I strapped a watermelon onto your stomach, made you need to pee every five God damn seconds and gave you max three hours of sleep? Would two months go by in a flash?"

She raised a good point, that didn't seem all that fun.

"Now you put it like that I see where I went wrong." He cringed.

When they got to school and out of the car they walked through the halls, passing time until the bell run. This was the first time JJ had walked the halls next to Otto, he hadn't realised how many people stared.

It was like they were Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.

The stares he got on the first day of school after the gold hunt weren't nearly as bad as this.

Otto noticed more people stared than usual, she decided it was probably because it wasn't just one teen parent but two.

JJ stuck by her for the entire day, every class they shared he was near her. He hadn't realised how much he cherished her company until he didn't have it anymore, now he vowed to spend as much time with her as he could.

As much as she'd deny it Otto didn't mind him borderline stalking her. Even if she did make the occasional comment about getting a restraining order.

While JJ was at the bathroom the rest of the group sat at the lunch table, Belly sat next to Otto as they hadn't seen each other in a while.

She was excited that her maternal grandparent were coming over from Korea to see her for the first time in years, she gleefully told Otto all about them.

Otto actually cared about what she had to say, which was rare.

Once JJ was back the conversation turned toward college, after all they were seniors.

It was her dream since she was a child to attend UCLA, she trained gymnasts for just about her entire childhood and into her early teenage years. But then she broke a vertebrae in her back and the doctors told her that it was no longer safe.

She was heartbroken, but it was still her dream.

JJ talked about him getting into Harvard, how they would love his rags to riches story. They had to give it to him, he was highly amusing.

Otto's phone buzzed and she looked down at the notification.

Even before she unlocked her phone she knew what it was about.