Chapter 10

The door swung open and they walked in, their lips never leaving each other. It was even better than her dream could ever think to imagine. His hands were beautifully tangled in her hair, pulling slightly, giving his rough lips freedom to start attacking her neck.

A small moan left her lips and it did something for Hangman because he began to bite and nibble at her neck.

"Oh..fuck Hangman, right there."

She could feel his smile against her neck. "I can't wait to hear that all night long."

His lips traced down her neck to her collarbone and her breath shuttered. His lips were like scorching hot lava against her ocean of skin, steaming against her body.

Hangman brushed his hand along her body and then slipped it down the front of her pants, earning another small moan from Elise.

"Calm down, Legs, I haven't done anything yet."

"Fuck off, Seresin."

"Kinda planning on it."

His thumb started to run circles around her clit and her knees bent. She didn't want to admit how long it had been since she had been with someone, but it had been long.

Elise hooked a hand around Hangman's neck and pulled him up to kiss him, her moan filtering through his mouth.

Hangman leaned her against the door and let his hand roam around her body while the other one continued its circles. Elise's mouth hung open with want, but she didn't have anything to say.

As he slipped a finger in, her phone rang and Hangman pulled away, biting at her lip as he did. "Answer it."

Elise's eyes were wide. "What?"

"Answer it and don't you dare show that I am here."

She reached for her phone as fast as she could as Hangman continued his movements.

"Hello?" She said breathlessly. She had to bite her lip to calm herself down.

"Elise?" It was Maverick.

Perfect timing dude.

"Elise, are you alright?"

She leaned her head back as Hangman curled his fingers forward. "Mhm! Just getting back from a run."

"At nine?"

"What do you want, Maverick?"

Elise wanted to crush the phone when Hangman slipped another finger in.

"Iceman–" A long pause. "He passed away."

Elise snapped out of it and she put her hand on Hangman's, silently telling his to stop. "W-what?"

"Yes, and once he did, I was fired."

She had to shove Hangman's face away to fully focus on the conversation. "What the hell? Why?"

"Apparaently, I got the job because of him and, now that he's not here, Cyclone can fire me. Which he did first thing."

"Where are you? We can talk to Cyclone together."

Elise could hear Maverick shake his head over the phone. "It's no use. Look, I have a plan, but if it doesn't work out, just know, you're teaching with Cyclone now."

And that was the end of the phone call. She dropped the phone and started to pace. Hangman stood by the door, a little confused. "So are you going to tell me what's going on? Or should I just leave?"

Elise immediately walked over to him, placing a hand on his chest. "No, no. I want you here, it's just—my old flight teacher just passed. He was my favorite. Didn't take shit from anyone." She hated that she was getting teary eyed. "I always thought he was invincible and now he's gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye."

Hangman quickly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. He rested his chin against her head and softly stroked her hair. "Hey, it's okay. Everything happens for a reason."

She pulled away, shaking her head. "Come on, don't give me that bullshit."

"It's not bullshit, it's what I believe!"

"Really? So Rooster's dad dying happened on purpose? His paper's being pulled? And Iceman–the best pilot I have ever seen and the nicest person on this planet–he deserved to die? Because it needed to happen for whatever reason the big guy was thinking of? No, that's just not right."

Hangman raised his hands up. "Fine! If you don't fucking believe me, fine! It's just what I believe." And he grabbed his coat and walked out.

"No! Hangman, that's not what I–" And the door slammed shut.

Elise took her blanket and wrapped herself in it on the couch. "So touchy." She said and then everything set in.

Her favorite pilot–favorite teacher–was gone and she was still here. She was fucking with Hangman for godsake while he was dead and she didn't even know.

She finally let herself cry, huddled up in her blanket.