𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

Listen to the song "Lullaby of Woe" by Ashley Serena to get the vibez for this chapter.
------------○------------

☘︎ Jᴇɴɴɪғᴇʀ Rʏsᴏɴ ☘︎

My body is frozen within the confines of the cold storage room of the warehouse while the clown parades the hallway, singing another haunting lullaby.

"Wolves asleep amidst the trees.
Bats all a swaying in the breeze.
But one soul lies anxious wide awake.
Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths."

Teeth chattering from the shivers richocheting up my toes to my head, I try to clear the cloud of blurriness from my vision.

My eyes feel heavy, drooping with force. I see my skin turn a light shade of blue from the icy temperature as I adamantly attempt to keep my eyelids open.

"For your Dolly Polly sleep has flown.
Don't dare let her tremble alone.
For the witcher, heartless, cold.
Paid in coin of gold."

The clown's eerie voice jolts me awake. He's closer now, just outside the refrigerating room he locked me in.

I was the first one to be put in here, because he hates how I wouldn't cry at the sight of him like the other kids do.

The aluminum door opens with a screech, the clown's heavy footsteps entering as he pushes the whimpering girl from earlier who clung to me-her being one of the five kids he kidnapped-into the room.

"He comes he'll go leave naught behind.
But heartache and woe.
Deep, deep woe."

Still singing, the clown shuts the door behind him, leaving the girl and me alone. The lullaby turns distant, indicating the clown is going to fetch another kid from the empty cellar-like room at the end of the hallway.

The girl sobs, her frail hands rubbing her arms that have goosebumps rising on them. She's already shivering and it's barely been a minute since she'd come in here. I've been in this place for the last half an hour.

As she looks around the cold storage room in terror, the girl's legs give out under the pressure of her body-wrecking sobs.

"Will you stop crying?" I let out a drained sigh, "It'll just m-make you w-weaker to endure the c-cold. Do y-you want to d-die?!" My teeth are chattering so hard I can't make sense of my own words.

The girl though stops crying abruptly, her big, doe-like brown eyes staring at me in jittery fear and shock, "I. . ."

"L-let's talk to s-stay a-awake. We c-can't loose c-conciousness." My eyes feel so heavy, I want to shut them and sleep forever.

Shaking my head vigorously to snap myself out of the approaching unconsciousness, I glare at the suddenly silent as a mime girl shivering profusely and doing nothing. God, she needed to get out off it if she wanted to stay alive.

"W-what's your n-name?" I grit out, my toes feeling numb.

The girl blinks rapidly, tears trickling down from her long pretty lashes. Just when I think she's a lost cause, she whispers in a soft, delicate voice.

"Mia."

--------᪥♔︎᪥-------

Lemme know your thoughts on this chapter!

There'll be about 4 or 5 'twelve years ago' chapter-this one being the second one-posted randomly where everything from the clown situation to 'the incident' will be narrated in snippets. You'll get to know about Jenna's mother's death too👀

Remember when I said it's all connected? You'll know through these how.

Next chapter will be the continuation of where last chapter was left.
See you on Monday with the update!