CHAPTER Ⅰ

Poseidon and Hades had children. And both brothers knew about the other, which is why they worked together, an alliance due to mutual interests. 

Keeping their youngest brother, Zeus, from discovering their children and lovers. 

It had started with a quick run-in, a meeting with the two woman and their lovers had not expected to see their sibling but they had. 

Maria had been rounded with her son and ensconced with a glow only maternity could bring, Hades holding his young daughter, both looking joyful to be with their children.  Sally was flat but was thriving under the care of her lover, with her son of just under 3 years old. It was one of the few times Poseidon could visit her and it was becoming increasingly dangerous for him to continue visiting her. 

The brothers, though no words were exchanged verbally or mentally, both knew that they would be beneficial for one another where the care of their spawns were concerned. 

So they struck an easy agreement that Poseidon was more available to go to the mortal world and had easier access to leaving when he wished. Especially seeing as his love with Sally had been approved of Amphitrite, the wife of Poseidon. 

Hades quickly learned that his brother was never what he had appeared to be. 

Slowly, things were put in place, plans eased into motion, and they were happy with how things going. 

And then, when Percy was 3 weeks away from turning five, Sally married Gabe Ugliano. 

Poseidon had been in a rage for the next month, turning into shadow of the man the Ancient Greeks had feared to incite. The seas and earth shook with his anger, an anger that settled at the very bottom of his being and the bubbled to the edge before spilling over in thick waves and quick surges. 

It was only after Hades had come to him in explanation for Sally's reasoning had he calmed down enough to think correctly. 

She'd done it to protect her son from the horrid creatures that would surely be attracted to him due to his power and scent. He could not say that he approved of this Gabe Ugliano but if it was for the good of his son then he supposed he could concede to her judgement and leave it be. 

It was only after the war started that things really start to get out of hand. And Poseidon had never been so fearful for a mortal in his entire immortal life. 

Suddenly everything else paled drastically in comparison to getting his love and son out of the country and somewhere safe. It had been quite easy to get the necessary papers and then they were off and going to New York, the place for immigrants. 

The only thing wrong is that the other gods were sniffing around in his business as well as Hades; so, it took a full year and a half for them get the hounds off their heels and finally continue on with the plan. 

Hades had picked up his wife and children after minimal coaxing, due to his expensive looking clothing and elegant accent of Greek. 

Poseidon stood next to him, with a changed appearance of pale skin and blue eyes, under the excuse of being the chauffeur for a 'Mrs. Sally Jackson, Mr. Percy Jackson, and Gabe Ugliano' which didn't fool his former lover if her twinkling amused eyes had anything to say. 

The place they were staying was better than the bunker that they had been staying in before but that wasn't really saying much. 

It was a piece of land with a easily constructed house with large pillars and fountains. So yes, they went over-board that was okay. 

Seeing as Maria was the daughter of an Italian Diplomat, it wasn't at all that hard to imagine that she had inherited this place, even if that was entirely false. 

Hades gave a low, sweeping, bow to his lover and kissed the hand of his daughter and shook the tiny hand of his son. He smiled softly when his son waved at him shyly, brown eyes peeking out from under his long fringe. 

Poseidon and Hades were gone after that, appearing in their respective realms. 

The next time they say their children would be when they were far older. 

ͲͲͲͲ___ΨΨΨΨ___ͲͲͲͲ

It's short. I'm aware. 

This a prologue type chapter so yeh, it was meant to be short. 

C O M M E N T 

A N D 

V O T E 

P L E A S E

Thank you!

-DGS-