Chapter 18

To say it's been a busy few weeks is an understatement. Corey and I have been extremely busy since Harmony and Charles's wedding. Corey has been doing recreational matches for baseball and helping the graduating team members with graduation. They all have a certain thing they want to do before graduating. Especially Terry, the captain, who is planning to propose to Esme. It's so sweet, he has all the guys helping and is roping up the current girlfriends. 

While I've been on my own helping Mack and Lola, who have had their precious little girl, Kae. I've been helping them as now Molly and Ryan are now expecting. Molly has been trying to get Lola to help her out, especially as she is more insufferable now. Lola has been leaving Kae with me if she has to go to Molly's as Molly won't leave her alone. I've also been helping Marco with his little crush. 

Today though we're both free. I'm enjoying a lay in for the first time in a few weeks. Corey is still sound asleep next to me while I've got a book in my hands reading. Corey's phone pulls me away from my book and Corey stirs awake. He grabs his phone and turns it off. He sighs then looks at me. His face still sleepy but a smile on his face when he spots the book in my hand.

"So, how long you been up?" he asks sleep evident in his voice. All I do is smile at him and shrug. I look back at my book and then it's pulled out from my hands. I turn to glare at him as he closes my book without marking the page. 

"You could've marked the page," I whine at him and jut out my bottom lip. He just kisses me instead and I can't help but roll my eyes. 

"Come on. I want to take you out for breakfast," he tells me with a coy smile. I raise an eyebrow at him but get up. As much as I know he loves me, he's never decided to take me out. Our date nights usually consists with takeout and movies. He's taken me out for a date a handful of times. It was mainly when we were dating the first time round. 

I head into the bathroom that's next to our room. I start my morning routine. As I finish brushing my teeth, the door opens and Corey places some clothes for me on the floor before closing the door.

"What are you up?" I shout to him. I inspect the clothes and try not to laugh. He's picked out his favourite  underwear set, a pair of ripped jeans and a tank top. I quickly change and head into the bedroom where I have shoes laid out. Corey kisses my cheek while he exits to go to the bathroom. 

I look at all my stuff, he's surprisingly left it all clean. I put on the shoes he left out, my favourite trainers. Just then my phone starts ringing. I look and see it's Molly. I sigh and put it to my ear. 

"Great you picked up," she says with a chip to the end of it. I'm already regretting it. "I'm having a gender reveal later today and I've been told to invite you and Corey. It starts at 6." 

"Ok... thanks for the invite," I mumble. She hangs up immediately. I just look at the phone in wonder. I shake it off and head to the living room. Corey is waiting with a huge smile. I give him one back. "So, Molly called we have to be at hers for 6. Apparently they're having a gender reveal."

Corey hums then takes my hand. "How about we forget that and just enjoy our day?" 

I let out a laugh and nod my head. Corey leads us out the flat and to his car. He acts all gentlemen like by opening the door for me. I roll my eyes with the smile widening on my face. I check the date on my phone and my calendar to see if it's an anniversary or something but it isn't. 

While Corey drives to the breakfast cafe, I text Harmony asking if she might know what I'm missing. She doesn't. We pull up to the cafe our dads' used to take us to on Saturday mornings. Now I'm definitely suspicious. We get seated pretty quickly. I get a bacon sandwich with a cup of tea. Corey orders their signature breakfast bap and a hot chocolate. It's our exact orders from when we were kids. Corey normally has coffee to keep him more awake.