CHAPTER ONE | HOMETOWN PART ONE

I HATE being me. All I am is the quiet Korean guy in the back of the classroom who's in all Advanced classes and gets straight A pluses.

If my life were up to me - which unfortunately isn't - I'd curl into a ball under my bedsheets and wither away, my existence is just a bane to myself... sometimes.

I am proud of one thing about me though - I am a good singer, dancer AND rapper (I should be a K-Pop idol - I know) ; obviously that won't happen because Umma would FREAK.
She's -tried to- drill into me and Autumn's (my sister) head that the only good career choices are ✨NURSING✨, ✨LAW✨ & ✨BUSINESS✨:
"JUSTIN CHANG-BIN LEE (Me), YOU ARE GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL" and "AUTUMN SO-YEON LEE (My Sister), IF YOU'RE NOT A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSWOMAN THEN YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO THE FAMILY *proceeds to slam fist into table*"

Super dramatic but it means I CANNOT be an idol.

After school, I hang out with Lucy and Joe in my room. We love binging horror K-Dramas on Netflix that will give us nightmares - we're such wimps - and watching tiny mukbangers eat 24 packs of super-spicy instant ramen noodles 🍜. It's not like we're UNpopular but we're not the coolest. We're a small friend group unlike Paige (chav) who doesn't have any close friends but is SUPER popular.

We're currently binge-watching HOT.T's (pronounced hottie) M/Vs and singing 'Destiny' at the top of our lungs:

"ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT I WHAT WE COULD BE,
WE WERE MADE FOR DESTINY,
I SEE YOUR NAME WRITTEN IN THE STARS,
I CAN'T BREATHE WHEN YOU'RE NEXT TO ME"

These are the only lyrics in English and they don't make complete sense but, yeah.
Suddenly, 'Destiny' plays again, and we're ready to scream it again and dance the iconic, but complicated, jumping dance.

When that movie-style WHAM! sound plays as text slams into the screen: 'ARE YOU MADE FOR DESTINY', cut to a screen of HOT.T preforming, all the members being super hot and seductive, 'S-A-R-D.P ENT IS RECRUITING, IN LONDON! FOR ALL THE KOREAN-EUROPEAN KIDS TO AUDITION!', cut to the HOT.T members screaming 'WE WERE MADE FOR DESTINY' on stage, 'AUDITIONING FOR S-A-R-D.P ENT's NEW GIRL AND BOY BAND' cut to the HOT.T members seductively saying into the camera 'I THINK WE WERE MADE FOR DESTINY', '25-7-2024 in LORD SUGAR's BOARDROOM'

(I am a new writer, on Wattpad and anywhere, and this is my first book, so I'm constantly looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, so please add some comments if you feel there is anything wrong here or could be improved, I am also open to any suggestions for my story going on forward
THIS COMMENT GOES FOR ALL CHAPTERS)