CHAPTER FIVE | UNKNOWN CALLERS

Lucy and Joe meet me at the exit, screaming their heads off and waving homemade 'JUSTIN DID IT!!!' flags. I told them calm down but they carried on shouting: "You were the last out, DID YOU GET ACCEPTED?!" squealed Lucy. "I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" yelled Joe.

At home, we go to my parent's boba shop, where Abba asks Joe is he has her loyalty card, and Joe pulls it out and says, "It seems at though I have my loyalty card with- OOPS! No stamps, but may I have a free boba?" and Abba laughs and pierces 8 holes into the card and yells: "FREE BOBA FOR JOEEEEEEEE!" and Umma instantly walks in, carrying a tray with three cups: One pomegranate tea with strawberry popping boba (Mine), one taro milk tea with tapioca (Lucy's) and one watermelon milk tea with lychee jelly (Joe's). Joe laughs happily and takes his drink and sashays to us.

After that, we go into my room and turn on my laptop, ready to dance to 'POP!' when my phone rings. The call is from an unknown number so I decline. When I go onto YouTube, I see a notification in my messages from the same number stating: 'Do you have KakaoTalk, I would like to talk to you'. I download it and enter the number, I know it's probably a stupid decision until I hear my phone chime and there's a KakaoTalk video call to me.

I accept and Manager Soojin goes onto the screen, Lucy gasps and Joe fake faints. Manager Soojin says: "You have been accepted, tell me if you can come train with us"
"I have to ask my parents first." I say and I realise, Umma would never let me train:
"OK," Manager Soojin grumbles annoyed that I didn't just sign my life away to a foreign K-POP music company and work for the straight away, "An opportunity won't last like this forever!"