𝟙𝟙

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

"I can't believe you're here right now." Olivia grumbles. A loud clunk of ceramic makes her glance up, eyes scanning the evening rush for guilty faces and broken teacups.

"Glad to know my presence is appreciated." I tell her, twirling my dance partner around the floor fluidly. The dark hardwood shone with a lustrous gleam, reflecting a distorted image of my silhouette and the roof above me. I rest the mop against the wall and turn to look at Olivia's disgruntled pout.

"You took the night shift yesterday too. This is ridiculous. Go and get some sleep." Like she can talk. She just came from a big tennis tournament.

Her eyes focus on picking off the nail polish she spent all of yesterday's slow period painting a bright pink, she told me it was.

I smiled at the elderly man who had politely called me over. Another serving of Earl Grey tea later, I'm back to staring at a head of blond hair hiding a focused face. I watch as shiny fragments of polymer float down from her fingers to the newly cleaned floor.

"Stop that." I say irritatedly. She brings her fidgety hands to her sides and trudges over to the mop, cleaning in a way I can only describe as sarcastically.

"You didn't answer my question." She points out, snapping on a pair of gloves and shifting the half empty pastries and sweets left in the clear display case.

"It was less of a question and more of a motherly statement." I watch her arrange the sweets in a pretty design atop the pretty navy dish. "Ironic considering you're what, twelve?"

Her head nearly bangs against the top of the glass as she withdraws to look at me with glaring eyes. "Excuse you, at least I have a permit."

I clutch at my chest. "Low blow, mocking the disabeled."

She giggles. "So, a Sapnap sized birdie told me you spent the day at my brother's company. How was that?"

I sigh. "I still think your brother's a bit full of himself. But I've got to give it to him, he deserves all the attention he's been getting. I mean, the atmosphere and people are amazing. It was so much different from the other companies I've been to." Hesitation overtakes me before I finally let the words slip out.  "I guess he's not the worst."

"Oh my Gosh okay, my brother's great." Olivia grumbles. "I regret asking now."

"Ah ah ah." I wiggle my finger. "His company is great, not necessarily him."

She smiles. "This is why we get along."

"I'll admit it, he seems to be a good brother to you. Is everything alright or?"

"No, no I love him more than anything. It's just now I'm Dream's younger sister you know? Gazillionaire, genius, awesome, tech-celeb Dream." She sighs. I nod empathetically. "I have to live up to his reputation, no matter what I do. It gets hard to deal with it all sometimes."

"Whatever you do, it'll be just as amazing as what he does. And I'm not just saying that. You're brilliant." I tell her softly. She looks at her shoes, crossing her arms against her chest as her eyes water. "You focus on what you want to do, don't worry about anyone else."