𝟚𝟘

guys...Guys....GUYS—he's ADORABLE. WTF. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE HIM AS A COOL ASS CEO WHEN HE'S A FREAKIN TEDDY BEAR IN HUMAN FORM?

//

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

Mornings are predictable. The first hundred or so orders are people who have their shit together. People who come to the cafe at a specific time on the dot, and order the same thing almost every single time. Exceptions are rare.

I've even memorized a few customers' orders without meaning to, starting to make it before apologizing to the customer and asking if it's what they want that given day. They usually laugh it off.

I bustle around the kitchen, digging into the bin of ice for 72's cold brew. I miss Olivia. She has school in the morning and I've started taking up more morning shifts and less evening ones as per doctor's orders, so we haven't crossed paths in a few days.

I slide the brew, shouting the number, greeting 73 without looking up, already starting to make her drink.

"Mocha latte to go with chocolate sauce on the sides plus two extra espresso shots?" Imagine my surprise when instead of the nice lady that wears a different headband in her glossy black hair every day without fail isn't 73. Instead it's a familiar lopsided grin and blonde hair that gleams in the sunlit room.

"Morning George. I don't remember ordering a mocha latte like ever, let alone with all that shit." He frowns. I glance behind his shoulder and find the lady with the infatuation with headbands giggling.

"That's because that's usually my order." The lady laughs and Dream looks over his shoulder, humming in realization. "I'll make it quick then. A large iced coffee please."

"Why do you torture yourself like this," I shake my head, filling the cup halfway with ice before pouring in the chilled coffee. I put extra vanilla cream in to hopefully offset the coffee taste then pause, deciding to experiment a little more.

"I need caffeine George." He sighs, throwing his head back. "And energy drinks taste worse so,"

"You're so picky." I wrinkle my nose at him and he rolls his eyes. I'll see if I can't make his coffee a little bit better. Grabbing the caramel flavoring, I pump a bit in, adding the sauce on top for good measure and closing the lid. "Try this."

He looks at it and shrugs, taking a sip. He pulls back and raises it in front of his face comically, frowning. "What'd you do to it? It's kinda good now. I mean, as good as coffee can get."

"I work magic Dream, like I've said before."

He laughs, looking away and hesitating like he wants to say something. But, it ends up with a simple "See you later George."

Turns out that was a complete lie because that's the last time I saw him for almost a week.

Whenever I was at DreamTech with Tubbo, Leia would tell me he was in a meeting, or at a dinner party. It was like someone had told him my schedule, because he never came into the cafe anymore, at least when I was around.

I wasn't worried about it until day three or so. Dream is a CEO of a crazy huge company. He's not going to have all the free time in the world. But it was like he had disappeared off the face of the Earth. And I missed him more than I would have liked to admit.

Some good did come out of it though. I found more time to hang out with Cameron who made up for leaving me at the club alone a few times over, even though I told him multiple times that it was fine. We went to a Mexican restaurant nearby and he discovered my aversion to avocados. That went well.