𝟛𝟞

hello! just wanted to take the time to say thank you for all the lovely comments, y'all make me laugh so much istg <3

//

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

My cheek is numb, pressed against the cold glass of the conference room table. A huff of boredom escapes my lips. I watch Dream's hands flip through the large stack of papers, his pen clicking periodically. He's in his head again. All stressed and anxious because he's so afraid that everyone has ill intent.

I've tried reminding him again and again that Phil would never try and pull something past him. I understand reading through the agreement twice, maybe even thrice. But this is getting ridiculous. We've been here for nearly five hours.

Even Leia had stopped coming in to check up on us, asking me to send her a message once I got through to him. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet. In my peripherals, I watch him get to the last page, frowning as he underlines a few things. He then flips everything over, starting on the first page of the forest of paper.

I watch incredulously as he goes over the terms, stressing over ever word, every fucking letter for the hundredth time. He shakes his head, running a stressed hand through his hair.

"It's too good to be true." He mumbles again.

I push my chin off the table, standing up abruptly and snatching the pile from his grip. I yank it away when he makes grabby hands for it, tossing it to the opposite end of the table. "Stop looking at that stupid thing, you're losing your mind."

"It's half my life on the line George! I have to make sure!" He shouts back, pushing out his chair and bracing himself on the table.

"We've both checked it a million times." I snap. His expression hardens so I try to soften my gaze, struggling to compose myself. "I really don't think Phil and Techno would try anything unfair."

Dream chuckles without the usual humor behind it. "You're being naive."

My face grows hot again and I glare angrily at him, stalking over. He turns to face me, looking me dead in the eye. "Don't call me naive. I understand that it's hard to accept, especially because they have the upper hand. But you and I have looked through this for hours, and on top of that, you've been friends with them for years. They're good people, you said so yourself..."

I'm a little disoriented when Dream doesn't try and argue. Instead, he seems to be staring at me, eyes glossed over and lips turned slightly downwards. The idiot is ignoring me.

"I shit rainbows, candy corn is delicious and Cameron is hotter than you—" I wait for a moment. He hums. "Dream!"

His head snaps up and he winces, rubbing his neck before glancing up at me again.

"Sorry, I'm just—" He lets his shoulders drop, eyes dry with fatigue. He looked so tired, it made my chest ache. A far cry from the playful smile and teasing remarks I was used to. It was like he had put all his stress on hold for this morning, and everything came rushing back as soon as we left the safety of home. "Sorry," He murmurs again.

He looked almost embarrassed, plopping back into his chair, pushing away his emotions. His elbows rest on his knees, face hidden in his hands as I approach. Mint lingers between us as I replace his hands with my own, holding his cheeks up to look at me. Dream rests his forehead against my stomach gently, sighing as I wrap both my hands around the back of his neck.

"We're not in a rush. Take your time," I murmur softly.

He doesn't cry. I didn't expect him to. I just let him have a moment. A moment where he doesn't have to be a millionaire. He doesn't have to be a CEO, or have a smart quip at his fingertips. No threats by his Board, or another company.