𝟙𝟞

𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒫𝒪𝒱

I finish checking George out and lean against the hallway wall, scrolling through my phone. Canceling a meeting fifteen minutes before it's scheduled to start isn't exactly smart when Leia's involved. But I have full faith that she can manage without me. Footsteps pad towards me and I look up, my eyes flickering down to survey his outfit.

"Let's go," I tell him, clearing my throat and gesturing for him to follow.

He waves goodbye to his nurse and she smiles back as we exit, walking across the road to the parking lot. "You mind if we stop by my apartment? I wanna change."

"Sure, but where are we going?" He asks impatiently. We approach my car and I pull out my keys, ignoring him completely.

"That's for me to know." I say finally, as he climbs into the passenger seat. "Relax, I'm not kidnapping you."

"You know, I wasn't even concerned about that. Until now." He tells me blankly. I watch as he looks around the car, feeling the soft black leather and inspecting the marbled dashboard. "It smells awful in here."

"One, you're lying."  I start up the engine, shifting the gear out of park. "Two, this is genuine leather. So appreciate it."

"I can't believe you have stars on your ceiling."

"They're LEDs."

"No shit."

The hospital quickly leaves view as we descend into Orlando traffic. The song of crickets fills the space between the quiet radio station that was playing. I open our windows and George happily sticks his face out, exhaling into the warm wind. I don't blame him, he's been stuck breathing in disinfectant for two days. So have I, funnily enough.

"You know, I was wondering. Which weapon would you choose? Python or C++?" He grins with a cheeky smile.

I feel my jaw drop. "How the hell do you know about that?" I flit my gaze to him for a second before focusing back on the road. "I could have sworn you were knocked out,"

He giggles. "I can't believe the next big tech giant has nerdy computer science t-shirts that were probably made for seven year olds."

"I will kick you out of this car." I grumble.

Holding the steering wheel with one hand, I loosen the black silk tie around my neck. Pulling it off completely, I ruffle the collar of my shirt before tossing it onto the back seat. "What?" I ask, catching him watching.

"Hm?" He hums, looking away. He looks down at his phone, a message lighting up the screen.I look on as happiness seems to crawl up his skin. Beaming, He turns around, face bright pink. "Do you think you can drop me off at the Violet Lounge by eight?" George asks, turning to me.

"The bar?" I ask. He nods. "Yeah sure. Not sure if it's a good idea for you to be drinking though."

His fingers unconsciously fiddle with the bandage. "You think this is an okay outfit for a date?" He asks mindlessly. I raise an eyebrow and he backtracks. "No! I mean, not–I've got a date...at eight. So I was asking,"

"Relax George. You look fine." I chuckle. "Who's the lucky girl on George-watching duty?"

He sticks his middle finger out, huffing. "It's a guy."

"Lucky guy then," I correct, mildly surprised. I turn into the arc in front of my huge apartment building that really looks more like a hotel than anything else. Another reason why I wanted a change of scenery. I step out of the car and he follows, watching as I toss my keys to the valet driver before placing a fifty dollar bill on my seat.