Chapter 2: The Rift

Your perspective

With the gear in my bag, I start making my way to this space/time ripples or something. According to the High Council investigators the thing should stay open for at least another few hours and since it's in the middle of nowhere I shouldn't be interrupted. As I walk down the path, I take the time to look at my surroundings... birch trees look healthy as well as the flowers around us, and the animals behaviors seem normal so I can assume this anomaly doesn't affect living creatures, than again it may only have an effect on magical ones. I than see a glow from behind so I took off my bag and took out my Lacrima to see Makarov... I wonder why he wants to speak now.

(Y/n): Master

Makarov: (Y/n), I like to report you that I got word from the High Council that these anomalies are becoming dangerous as they have witness report sightings of creatures of black and white, they are most definitely hostile and I wanted you to be aware before you continue 

(Y/n): Would've been nice to know before I left old man

Makarov: HEY! No need for that! I only got news after you left, be grateful I even bothered telling you!

(Y/n): Yeah whatever, is there anything else I should know?

Makarov: Nothing that I am aware of

(Y/n): Ok then I will be continuing then

Makarov: Right, be careful child

(Y/n): Thanks, cya old man

Makarov: WHAT DID YOU CALL M-

I quickly hang up with a VERY proud smile plastered on my face. I put the Lacrima away before continuing to the anomaly, but now with my guard up knowing dangerous creatures has came out from these anomalies. Now it should be around... here... Oh, so I am gonna take a wild guess and say that's it.

 Oh, so I am gonna take a wild guess and say that's it

(This image is not belong to me)

Well, guess this is it, now I rather keep distance but that's not gonna get me any more information than other people if I stay away from it. I set down my bag and take out a simple thermometer... hmm seems the temperature is normal. I than place my hand on the ground and close my eyes to try and feel any presence of magic... none, that is weird there should be something at least. I than lick my finger and face it towards the... rift and it seems air is blowing from it so it has some kind of air flow but... if I move my finger so the licked end is facing me it also seems to be air flowing towards the rift... that doesn't make any sense.