Chapter 8

VIII

» [Queen] «0:44 ─〇───── 0:00⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

» [Queen] «
0:44 ─〇───── 0:00
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

────── {⌘} ──────

"A dung, a bitch, and a trash" She commented, looking around thoughtfully, "They make a pretty terrible trio, huh?"

"W-what just happened?"

The whole crowd was startled with the turn of events, this was not how the battle should've ended.

The battered mage, quickly got up and pointed at the white haired girl in the middle of the stage.

"YOU, HOW DARE YOU?!" She tried to keep an elegant manner, but her disheveled hair made her look crazy, "YOU'VE DISRUPTED THE BATTLE"

"I wasn't the one who made the first move to use magic on my master, I just stopped it"

She calmly stared towards the bitch, who was about to sneak attack her master.

"Tch, whatever you are, you're just like your so called master! Using dirty tricks just to do whatever you want"

"I believe what she says is correct, my daughter"

The shield hero, was shocked, they were the reason he was suffering this whole time... This king and daughter... The outcome of the duel was decided, before it even started.

Y/N took a glance at her master, watching his shocked expression morph into darkness. She opened her mouth, as she approached Naofumi.

"Believing a claim with no credible evidence, is such an insensible trait, not fit for royalty"

Naofumi felt like he couldn't breathe, the truth made him suffocated. He never asked to be here, why was being transported here, his fault!? He felt angry, hurt, sad, and confused.

I'm all alone. He thought and he believed it, he can't even hear what they're saying. No- he can hear but he doesn't want to listen, he doesn't want to hope.

She placed her hand on his cheek, caressing his face for comfort. She looked back at their faces which are full of anger, shame, and disgust. She caught a sight of Raphtalia, who looked like she was a prisoner. All tied up and her mouth is covered with a piece of cloth, they must've gotten arrested for nothing.

"You're in no position to slander us! You fiend, guards arrest her!"

The two heroes, who were watching in the sidelines, felt displeased at the unfair treatment. The girl was right, but since the royal family couldn't outsmart her, they just wanted to silence her.

"Y/N"

Naofumi's erratic eyes, started to calm down a bit, that he can focus on the person close to him.